Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 honda civic lx
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
After a bunch of browsing I decided to create an account.. Name is Ryan, Recently bought a 2000 Civic LX sedan d16y7 (automatic :( - first auto ever)
However my Boss gave it to me upfront and I pay him back 900$ (100 each check) so of course I couldn't say No...This car has 204,xxx miles on it yet has been taking care of by the book. Every service receipt was saved beginning with the original sticker on the window...It runs nice, no rust, perfect commuter while I find the project Honda. Slowly but surely it's grown on me now and I've started to search for 5 speed transmissions as well as plan/day dream/ of eventually swapping in a built d series.. not too fancy but enough to surprise someone.This will be my 3rd d series since 2008 (97 d16y8 and 01 D17) Thanks for reading everyone - thoughts ideas etc always welcomed

Attachments

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I'm with Beer.

Build the engine you want, then find a chassis to put it in. ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey new here too. Kinda nervous to post anything yet but i got a 97 civic hb cx stock d16y7 5-speed. Just looking through building plans

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Do yourself a favor with that autotrgaic, and get it updated on services.

my auto dx suffered terrible gas mileage and power, averaging under 23mpg. ignition tuneup, trans fluid changes regularly, and shes back above 26mpg even with slightly dragging brakes and noisy wheel bearings

1 - 11 of 11 Posts