Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm fresh to the d series forum and I figured I would share what I have. I have a 93 Honda civic ex automatic. I cut the hood and put a scoop on, BCP ram air intake with a spectra cone filter, 60 mm throttle body (from a 94 integra b series motor,) 60mm ported stock intake manifold, DC Sports 4 in. exhaust, Venom performance module, front and rear upper sway bars, SenSen front and rear shocks and struts, and a coilover kit. (Lowered to 4 in. ride height. Here are some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Welcome to the site. Read a lot and search more.
First suggestion would be to add a nice little cam to help out your intake mods to preform to their maximum potential I would also throw a header on it and call it good if you don't want to throw a lot of money at it. Just my opinion.
What's your plans for the car?
5 speed conversion?
DD?
Wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's my dd. I am still not sure what I want the final outcome to be but I know I want it to be fast. I am going to get a chipped ecu from www.phearable.net to help awaken the beast. I am mechanically inclined but I am no engine builder (yet) so what should I look for in a good cam?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And wheels are the stock 14 in. steel rims and tires I have been thinking about going up to a 15 in but haven't found anything I think matches the cars personality

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the site.

I'm willing to bet a 5 speed si tranny would wake the car up more than anything else you could do at this point. Probably shave a second off the cars current 1/4 mile times.

There is no cheaper way to achieve those kinds of gains, if you're able, you should look into that ASAP.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yeah, nothing beats a good tranny.....nothing....giggity.
A) Tranny
B) Cam
C) Tune
Fast? No. Fun? Yes, and not an overboard price. Proper suspension/foot work mods, and driver skill could make it a potent beast at local AutoX events.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A tranny swap would be nice but I don't have an area to do it at the moment, I live in an apartment complex. But as for a cam what should I be looking for. This is my first real build so I am still trying to find good info. I also bought a fuel pressure regulator and an adjustable cam gear today which brings up couple questions. How much pressure can I put into the stock injectors (240cc) before its a waste? And can I squeeze anything more from the stock cam by putting that can gear on now or should I just wait till I get a new cam and chipped ecu?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
moar reeding neeeded

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
358 Posts
A tranny swap would be nice but I don't have an area to do it at the moment, I live in an apartment complex.
If you've got enough room to move around the car to do cam and injector stuff, you could probably squeeze enough space for a tranny swap. Just get a pal to steal the parking space next to yours for a while ...

It will cost you less than some of your current plans and you'll never regret losing your slush box. (I once bought a Z6 auto saloon for its nice-condition engine, and found that my manual coupe was easily more spirited to drive, despite an obvious hp difference from its wheezy Y7.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts