Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Beech bend, Ky yesterday with some friends. It's been over a year and a couple mods since the last time I took my CRX to the track. My previous best was [email protected] mph...
Since then, I've swapped out my A6 IM and TB for a JDM D15B/Z6 IM w/B18A 58mm TB. Also got my hands on some 205/55-14 Nitto 555 drag radials (thnx to singlecizam)... All in all it was a great day for racing. I got 4 runs in for the day and I'm quite proud of the ol' Rex.
1st run I got lined up with a Z06 vette and lost. 2nd run was against a regular C5 vette, lost...heh. Third run was against a 00' mustang GT, Victory!!! And the last run was against a turbo AWD DSM, another Victory!!!
So 2 out of 4 aint too bad considering what I was up against.
So, my new record is [email protected]! whoohoo! Here are my timeslips in order:

Also here is a link to my 2 last runs on video (crappy quality though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9UA2c28eA&mode=user&search=

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet! what are your engine specs?
D16A6 bored .020" over, Eagle rods, Arias 11:1 pistons, P&P head w/5 angle valve job, Crane stg 2 cam, and bolt ons...untuned on a "chipped" ECU from Ebay...heh. Guy said it was a Locash ECU but had no proof...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Work on the 60' with nittos you should be in the 1.85-2.00 range. Keep on driving it and enjoy the ride. With 14inch CRX SI wheels and futura street tires I was cutting 2.02 to 2.1's all day long.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Work on the 60' with nittos you should be in the 1.85-2.00 range. Keep on driving it and enjoy the ride. With 14inch CRX SI wheels and futura street tires I was cutting 2.02 to 2.1's all day long.
Well, it was my first time using them. I tried launching at 3K a couple times, then at 3.5K. Didnt seem to hook up all that well off the line but once I got rolling it they were much better than my street tires. Maybe I didnt heat them up enough? I just need some more practice...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ya i definatly think you need to heat the tires some more. and try preloading. i was pulling 2.1s on my stock 13 in steelies. and 2.0s on my nitto neo gens with 20 psi. try to slip the clutch a bit. and get some spray. 12s in no time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts