Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the hatch to PIR today for some passes since the clutch seems to be good now. Nothing great but better.Still don't have a lot of seat time in a fwd car and first time on a pro tree. Spinning 195/50/15 street tires
best pass was
r/t .233 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
60 ft 2.247 sucks don't it
330 6.57
1/8 mi 9.27 @ 80.74
1/4 mi 14.44 @101.02
not great but better than the 15.7 @ 96 I ran last time,still have time to learn how to drive the car

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
what mods are done? nice time! 60ft wasnt to bad for street tires..

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Nice numbers.. :TU:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D16a6 stock like yer mammas stove internally 154,000 miles
Edelbrock d16y8 exhaust manifold and gt28r [email protected],dsm 450's,Hondata s100 tuned by Jeff at RRev Motorsports,2'' HKS sport exhaust. 212 whp and 202 lb ft torque. got 40 mpg on a trip to eastern Oregon fishing
Nothing to crazy since its my daily driver

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
damn id expect mid to low 13's with that setup...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its a 91 si hatch with no weight reduction I'm old and like to be comfy driving and I am 6'4" and weigh about 245 so the car with me in it probably is around 2450-2500 lbs.
13,s with a decent driver I don't deny that I suck thats only about my tenth pass ever in a fwd car but I figure its about improving and thats enough for now.I'll try to do better next time.Not that it matters I also blew the 2-3 shift and don't "speed shift" I like to be able to drive myself home not ride shotgun in a tow truck

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
haha i hear ya.. o well. at least ur out there having fun! thats all that matters! its nice to see another older guy with a import!good luck on the next run!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
A little larger exhaust will help out a little.. 2" is just a little small for the the hairdryer...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah the exhaust is pretty small but I am about to replace it with a 3'' thermal.how loud are the thermals ,the hks is stock quiet the intake and turbo made more sound than the exhaust when it was on the dyno
grey goose just keep at it its worth the hassle just make sure and get a good tune on it

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
with a DD a 2 1/2 would be ideal. With either a Magnaflow or Dynomax.... GUEST has a 2 1/2" setup he had done by one of my friends and he loves it. Its also real quiet .

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
grey goose just keep at it its worth the hassle just make sure and get a good tune on it
i sure hope so...this has been the install from hell. probably because i have no help and its my first turbo install. i dropped my crossmember 3 times already for the downpipe...everythings good now, like i said, only the minor stuff and im finally done with this bish.

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
work on ur 60' and u will hit 13's for sure.. maybe get a set of lensos!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I set of slicks will really help you out alot... Maybe even up to .500 off your time. :TU:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
might be getting a set of 15x7 slips with some sticky azensis on them maybe 205's will help over the 195 toyo p4's or maybe I'll just learn how to launch,on kind of a side note I raced a new Mudstain gt and beat him by about a car length afterwards he came over looked at the motor and said if he had a built turbo car he'd have beat me I told him small turbo on a stock motor about 6000.00 into the whole car including buying the car about 1500.00 in wheels tires and suspension as opposed to his 35000.00 car and then to rub it in I told him I also got almost 40 mpg on a long road trip he just shook his head and walked away,later we were side by side again in the staging lanes and let another guy around him

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Yeah V8 guys dont like getting beat by Honda cars at all... They always have excuses why they lose.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
might be getting a set of 15x7 slips with some sticky azensis on them maybe 205's will help over the 195 toyo p4's or maybe I'll just learn how to launch,on kind of a side note I raced a new Mudstain gt and beat him by about a car length afterwards he came over looked at the motor and said if he had a built turbo car he'd have beat me I told him small turbo on a stock motor about 6000.00 into the whole car including buying the car about 1500.00 in wheels tires and suspension as opposed to his 35000.00 car and then to rub it in I told him I also got almost 40 mpg on a long road trip he just shook his head and walked away,later we were side by side again in the staging lanes and let another guy around him
LOL, classic. I love how those guys try to say "yeah, but you've got a turbo", well, yeah, and it still all cost less than your stang.

BTW, do you have an LSD? Are you getting a lot of wheelspin? I've got an OBX LSD, it's fairly inexpensive and I LOVE it, no more one wheel burnouts for this guy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts