Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received news of this GT Supercharger. Not much info on it yet, except for some pics. What do you guys think?

shot of intercooler

extra injectors

BOV

here's the bad boy

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What? No one has any input on this? According to manufacterer, A D16 VTEC gained about 115.7hp (125hp - 240.7hp).

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks to me like the large pipe that is going over the exaust maniflod is the intake of the sc.

The smaller one with the bov is the outlet from the sc. it goes down, along the lower radiator support, and up to the intercooler.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i Dont know why they would do that. Maybe to keep the air filer away from the hot exhaust manifold. But then again, the intake pipe is about an inch from the manifold. So the hot pipe would heat up the air.

There must have been a reason.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think this set up is nice, it works on the basic principles of your turbocharger. Intake side of your turbo is connected to your hot assed exhaust side which dispenses heat into the air. This flows through to the intercooler and into the engine, now it would me more efficient if it werent run across the hot assed exhaust manifold, but, look at the amount of room we really have to play with under our hoods!!! The pictures are kinda depicting so I'm not sure on this, but, it looks like the car has no A/C condensor, so for those of you who care about that crap there must have been a reason for removing it. Yeah, there is, the supercharger is right where the A/C pump would be, hope you like to be hot in those scorching states. I'm imagining its belt driven off the left side (for you non mechanics that is the drivers side). Would be pretty easy to change out the most common problem with a supercharger, its thrown belts............

Must need a ram air hood to cool the intercoolers charge air as it is sitting right where your hood would be closed at, all that hot air cooling your already hot air, doesnt make much sense. Unless you got a hood like mine I guess. If I got this kit, I would run the intercooler where I removed the damn A/C condensor, makes more sense to be there, nothing blocking that area as well as the pipes are already running down there.

This thing must push about a gazillion horsepower, got three extra injectors as well as the stock 4. Now who knows what size they are or any of that crap, I guess 3 extra isnt that bad considering I'm running 2 extra 650's.

However, stating all that I still like the set up, clean, routed well, just differently than what I would have done, I might pick this up for the old ladys beast................need price!!!

What is the link to this set up anyway???

My .02 on this set up.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still don't have much info yet, but here's something that was sent to me.

There are 2 setups, a 6 psi and a 9 psi and as for prices I'll have to get back to you on that.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was just looking at this a little closer and I just noticed (dont know why it took me so long) that there was no power stearing. Also as turbowhat pointed out, ther is no a/c. So, is this a street setup, or race setup. I think that it is going to be kind of a hard seller because alot of people cry that they have to loose a/c and power stearing (not me).

As for the intercooler. Maybe they made a duct from the lower fender up to the intercooler. That way no hood scoop would be needed.

Actually, ya know what, now that i look closer, you porbably dont have to loose a/c. The s/c is where the power stering mounts, not the a/c compressor. Also, it looks like there is enough room for the condensor. That could be why they put the intercooler where it is and not where the condensor belongs.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I scanned this from the flyer that was given to me...yes there is a duct that comes with the kit. As for location, most probably under the i/c (in the fenders?) or somewhere behind the bumper. Gonna call for more info.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's an ok kit, but i also have a hard time wanting to shove fuel down my tb throat prior to the intake. it would make tunning very hard as well as at some times it will be rich and others be lean. IF you feel you must go SC get a roots type not this blower type because you'll get lag much like a turbo as well as it takes power to make the power at least with a roots your boosting at low idle as well. next with the new fuel management out today I don't feel there is a need for "extra" injectors anymore expecially on a street car. Hondata units have been proven to idle cars running 800cc+ sized injectors w/o issues.

just some food for thought. but it is an interesting layout.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm...how would this SC experience lag since it's belt driven, unlike a turbo which relies on exhaust gas to spool? I do agree on the injector part, seemed a lil' ol school. Maybe it can be left out and ran with a hack or Hondata.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well tthis type uses a clutch to start spinning it at a rpm mande underload, much like the vortech style. thus requiring rpms to product more boosting. witht hat comes lag.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ahhh...I get it. Wish I have one here to try for myself, tho. I guess the filter is located either in the fenders or somewhere under the IC, not sure.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beelzebub where r u getting your info? Is there a link for the system? And do they make them for late model cars (88' crx Si *D-16A6*)?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
import_convert said:
Beelzebub where r u getting your info? Is there a link for the system? And do they make them for late model cars (88' crx Si *D-16A6*)?
This was sent to me from a distributor down in Texas. They're about to put the kit out in the market, so the pics you see is an actual kit being installed into a Civic. All I got was a couple of flyers in the mail and the pics from email. No links on the internet yet. They only say "we're still testing it out and fine tuning" when I call them up. I would assume that you probably could fit it into a 4th gen if you relocate your battery and for go the AC. No power steering to worry about. If everything goes well I'll bring in a kit to see for myself.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Do u still have the company info? And can u post it up on the board. So we can inquire about it on an individual bases. Thanks for getting back to me on that though. Or atleast a company name. ECT........

1 - 20 of 29 Posts