Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone point me in the right direction to getting a trans?
or should i just dump it??
is it worth putting in a 3rd trans??does anyone recommend a certain transmission for these civics?
95 d15vtec

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
can anyone point me in the right direction to getting a trans?
or should i just dump it??
is it worth putting in a 3rd trans??does anyone recommend a certain transmission for these civics?
95 d15vtec
:confused:

whats going on here?

what is wrong with yours?. what transmission do you have now, and what are you meaning by putting in a 3rd trans?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the 2nd trans ive put in...k...the odometer reads::292,867...k? nough said..i put in this trans, in march of last year..the guy that put it in, didnt line up something right, cause evr since it was installed, it has been chattering..when you depress the clutch peddle..ive got an si trans from japan,,supposebly it was rebuilt...now this..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i figured, but it did it every single day...now my trans is meshy, wont go into gear, and oil is all over my street.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont want the same shit happeneing again...if i decide to put trans in, it will be the 3rd trans...i just dont understand why this trand broke...they said it was rebuilt from japan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats true..but i dont wanna spend what i did again...when this trans was put in..i paid:1100 dollars for stage 1 clutchmaster, pressure plate, lightweight flywheel, and si trans....this is bullshit... i dont know what exactly broke, but why is it spilling out oil??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its motor oil!
the guy that installed it, put in 5w20...pennzoil....i know you can put in motor oil, but its black, and has a white residue, like someone were to put paint in oil, white paint, then mix it a little,,thats whatit looks like..

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
its motor oil!
the guy that installed it, put in 5w20...pennzoil....i know you can put in motor oil, but its black, and has a white residue, like someone were to put paint in oil, white paint, then mix it a little,,thats whatit looks like..
Are you sure its coming from your trans?
Sound like you blew a head gasket.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah, im absolutely positive...its coming from the backside, by trans mount area...its leaking right where it bolts into the engine..so ya., it def. th trans...but i just dont see what exactly blew...it sounds like the spider gear...it turns inside trans making a bad clicking sound, when i release clutch pedal.and it shows mph are gaining....can u explain that

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he works for norco mazda.....know where that is??the thing is,...its not under warranty or anything, so im fucked either way....damnit!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no, we used to work together at center chvrolet, on "e" street and orange show..anyways, no he used to work for a speed shop/chop , and after the fact the trans was installed, he goes:i just wanna let u know, ive never done this at a professional level, ive only installed trans's at speed shops.
oh, and youll have a litle bit of a shutter for a couple days, then itll burn itself into the flywheel, and itll be smooth after thAT....BULLSHIT!!
fuckin liar...anyways, im in cali, and im off of university...glen helen area(dirt bike track)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've never heard of anything "rebuilt in JApan" and ended up here. Thats a bunch of BS to sell it to you.

Rebuilding transmissions cost alot of money, I doubt it was "rebuilt" What you got was a used transmission from some whatever civic he had lying around. People are so gullible and expect its good when they hear "JDM" or from "Japan".

You have no choice but to get another transmission. Don't expect a perfect transmission if you are getting a used one. Its a gamble. You can get one that is totally perfect or one thats been beat up to hell. The only way you would really know if its good or not, is if you open it up and check it. AND put in a car to see if everything is alright.

If you're looking for another transmission, look for a 92-95 Civic EX/Si transmission. that has the better gearing for high performance compared to the other "economy" geared transmissions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, thats what i thought this one was...see, it was s'posedly from an si..95..but, it was way lower geared than my stock one i had at first..1st gear, redlined at 40..2nd, @58, 3rd @ 88, 4th, @120, 5th @ 135ish.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts