Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a JRSC from a guy for my daily driver, i wanted a bit more pep but nothing crazy. Well i've always used good ole Denso orNGK plugs but just for shits and giggles i typed in performance plugs on google to see what i'd find. You get the usual Bosch platinums, Denso Iridiums amongst many other familiar brands. I saw a few that were new to me. There's the E3 which i have heard of but never really read much about. The Halo plug and the Pulstar plug. The Pulstar looks cool but for $25 bucks a plug there out of there minds. Anybody use or ever try any of these new plugs. Just curious to hear some testimonials. I'll probably stick with my realiable Denso's but it doesn't hurt to look around.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't mistake me for a noob since i just started posting here. I've been building turbo hondas for about 10 years now but i usually stick with the same parts that i'm comfortable with. just curious if anyone has tried any of these new plugs.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol you guys are killing me, i'm not asking for advice. i know exactly what spark plugs i'll be using. I always use Denso or NGK's. This will probably be my oh i don't know 15th build on one of my personal cars. I'm not even building this motor, staying stock bottom end. Only running the stock 8 psi. Again not looking for advice, just curious if anyones experimaneted with these new plugs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What up j man r u puting that on your ride dude. I always wanted to get my hands in on a project like that but never got a chance to, hit me up if you need a hand.

-James
Did you ever talk to your buddy for me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah i talked to him, he's got one A6 block but wants to keep it. So right now i have no one who wants to sell one. I'd try Xceedspeed, someone locals gotta have one.

As for the SC, yeah i bought it from Adam over at EF-Honda, got it for pretty cheap too. Nice , easy, reliable power. Once i get it though i am going to try and fab up and aftercooler for it. Only problem will be the belt. I'll figure it out when i start playing with it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i had 4554 ngk v-power in my s-chrage teggy. ran great. gapped it at .35

i will be using 4554 in my d15b turbo setup

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Don't mistake me for a noob since i just started posting here. I've been building turbo hondas for about 10 years now but i usually stick with the same parts that i'm comfortable with. just curious if anyone has tried any of these new plugs.
pulsestar = all hype no proof.

You'd have better luck running your motor on water.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well they did do some testing on Horsepower Tv with them. Used an 02 Vette i believe. Made 3 dyno pulls on each set, OEM and Pulstars, and averaged them. The Pulstars gained just over 3hp and 8 ft lbs of torque. They may work but i'm never gonna try them, $25 bucks a plug is silly.
The technology sounds viable though. There's a capacitor built inside each plug that amplifies the spark. They did a side by side on Horsepower TV and the spark was considerably larger and brighter than an OEM. They are also paid advertisers of Horsepower so it's not like there going to say anything bad about them

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
if you have done so many build stick with what works

Who said i was changing, i never planned on running anything different that what i currently use. My NGK's work perfect in my turbo car at 25 psi so i planned on using them in my dd sc car. The point was just to see if anyone experimented with them.

As for testing plugs no thanks, the dyno time alone to test everything isn't worth the money or time. I doubt any of them work anyway. I'll take my proven $2 NGK's anyday.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Well they did do some testing on Horsepower Tv with them. Used an 02 Vette i believe. Made 3 dyno pulls on each set, OEM and Pulstars, and averaged them. The Pulstars gained just over 3hp and 8 ft lbs of torque. They may work but i'm never gonna try them, $25 bucks a plug is silly.
The technology sounds viable though. There's a capacitor built inside each plug that amplifies the spark. They did a side by side on Horsepower TV and the spark was considerably larger and brighter than an OEM. They are also paid advertisers of Horsepower so it's not like there going to say anything bad about them
I have some electircal superchargers for Hondas if you believe that crap.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have some electircal superchargers for Hondas if you believe that crap.

OMG douche, i'm just stating what i saw on the show, never said they worked. Even if they do work i'm not forking out $25 bucks a plug, my $2 NGK's work fantastic in my built turbo car pushing 25 psi so they'll work fine in my little ole 8 psi supercharged car. Haha i'm not some 16 year old noob looking for advice on spark plugs. I'm 30 years old, been building Hondas since i was 18, i'm not new to this by any means. It was pure curiousity to see if anyone had tried these new plugs. Nice way to welcome new members.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
if your not new why do u keep refering to your set up by psi? u must know that psi means nothing. but ya no one hear has tried the "new" plugs. over hyped. unless i landed a set for free i would never get them. good old NGK's for me. we gotta test the noobs to see there potential. if u know as much as u do then dont let it get to u and continue to post useful information for us all to benifit from

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
OMG douche, i'm just stating what i saw on the show, never said they worked. Even if they do work i'm not forking out $25 bucks a plug, my $2 NGK's work fantastic in my built turbo car pushing 25 psi so they'll work fine in my little ole 8 psi supercharged car. Haha i'm not some 16 year old noob looking for advice on spark plugs. I'm 30 years old, been building Hondas since i was 18, i'm not new to this by any means. It was pure curiousity to see if anyone had tried these new plugs. Nice way to welcome new members.
who gives a fuck about some bullshit plugs. and no one cares about horsepower tv's bias info. I dunno why the hell your quoting them like there a creditable source

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
how much whp´s with the 25 psi???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts