Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Previous setup on a DSM t25 made 173hp/164tq - Ran 14.6 1/4

New setup with a DSM 14b turbo made 217hp/183tq - Hoping for mid 13's!

-Tuned by DMS Performance on Hondata s300v2
-Golden Eagle intake
-Doc Racing turbo manifold
-RC 440cc injectors
-Walbro pump
-Hondata 4 bar map sensor
-MazdaSpeed Miata Diverter valve used for BOV
-2 1/2'' Intercooler piping
-Took wastegate from the t25 and modified it to work on the 14b and used a boost controller to get 14psi out of it
-Competition Stage 4 Clutch kit, XTD lightweight flywheel(I wish i kept the stock flywheel! loose too much inertia between shifts)

Old Setup(Left) New Setup(Right)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Can that intake be turned downward?

Seems like that filter will get quite warm next to the manifold.

Good numbers though!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,228 Posts
I'm sorry, but that setup should NOT run a 13 second time slip, EVER!!!! If it does you are doing something VERY wrong to run that slow of a time slip :)

190 whp on slicks = 13.09

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you running a stock bottom end? That GE really gives it a mean ass look under the hood, how much power did you get off just the intake?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im curious to see your j pipe setup.
Clocked Compressor housing, and Stock J pipe used. Then bought a 45 degree 1.75'' to 2.5'' coupler off ebay it it matched right up to the piping i had for the t25. Went better then i thought. I was afriad the stock j-pipe was going to point the wrong way still, but it all worked out great

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can that intake be turned downward?

Seems like that filter will get quite warm next to the manifold.

Good numbers though!
With the old turbo mani it wasnt an issue cause it had small runners and more clearance but the new manifold, like you said, filter is too close, so i ended up just running a screen instead of that filter... Also couldnt turn it downwards, not enough room.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you running a stock bottom end? That GE really gives it a mean ass look under the hood, how much power did you get off just the intake?
Yup been turbo'd on the stock motor for about 1 1/2 years. Motor has 270k on it! I cant believe how heathy it sounds and runs. I drove it hard ever since i bought it at 120k. I really do believe if you keep up with keeping your oil changes and clean oil, that you'll have a long lasting motor.

I dont know how much the intake alone made, cause i added a new turbo and new turbo manifold in the mix. Next year i'm building a block and then the intake will be a big help in making power. This setup is limited with the 14b turbo

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
That sucker must be fun to drive. Love the fat torque curve. Those small mitsu turbos are super sweet for a DD D series build. Way cheaper than throwing 2L+ engines in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts