Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the run down

D16Y8
FJ rods
PO2o vitara's 75mm
P&P Y8 head
KMS valvetrain
Edlebrock intake

I have a Crower Turbo Y8 cam double checked but i think i got a Z6 cam gear and the i have had it for 6months and can't exchange it O'well

I have ut set at the 4 1/2 degrees advanced set the ignition timing.

My question is has any one played with the cam timing and if it made any differance? the car just feels Laggy

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the car is turboed thats why i put it in this forum.

Hence the turbo cam:yes:

But i gave it 2 more degress on the cam gear and reset the Ignition timing and WOW what a differance. I'm on the spring now but the 10lbs feels better than the 15 i ran it at before and its still fat. So off to the dyno tomoorow.
I'll let u all know where it ends up at

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Full Set up

D16Y8
FJ rods
PO2o vitara's 75mm
Z6 Micro Polished Crank
P&P Y8 head
KMS valvetrain
Crower Turbo cam
Edlebrock intake
58/57 billet turbo .63 hot side
1000cc injectors

Well dyno sucked i got there on time but the owner let some EVO go ahead of me and he was on there for 2hrs and 15 mins before i said screw it and left. So i just went street tuning and got it upto 18lbs and all i have to say is WOW. If i didnt have boost by gear this car would be totally worthless even if i have the boost come on fully in 3rd it will just spin. And yes i have good suspension and good tires. So i will try again on the 28th because next weekend is the NSCRA race thats why the EVO was there i guess. but i will keep you guys up to date when i get back to the dyno

·
Registered
1999 Civic hatch
988 Posts
That sucks about him letting someone else go in front of you. I hope he apologized.

And dont get on the boost tooo much with that street tune till you go back.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^

Ya He just said sorry and walked away good thing theres alot of dynos around here this was just the closest 1 to me.

As far as the strret tune i have the wideband linked to the hondata and reading the logs so its safe. but i hear ya i what to turn it up more but its just getting to fast to try tuning any more on the street

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah the only way your gonna know exactly where your at is on the dyno with too much power street tunning becomes useless with tons of tire spin so get that thing back on the dyno and let us know what numbers you put out...

·
Registered
98 EK Hatch,97 Supra
91 Posts
Definitely be patient and bring it to a tuner, turbo setups are quite sensitive, find another good local tuner and get it done nice and safe. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts