Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed it today, the drain plug is funky in which u dont screw it in tight, but screw it out so it is loose...:hammer:

and i had to relocated the fan electric harness

flushed the coolant lines w/ the stock radiator removed thru the top and bottom of the radiator hoses w/ the engine running,, lots of dirt and stuff came out...Hopefully, I will not overheat during highway speeds now with this...

also checking the plastic overflow tank to make sure it doesnt fill up pass the max line after a drive in regards to it filling up last few times i drove..

Attachments

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
I want one of this

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
hope so too, did u contact the guy?? free to tune and pop in my rc440s? still wondering about headlift :confused:
drive your car for a few days and see if you still overheat. Did the silencer in the muffler help your boost creeping issues? If not we may have to adjust the wastegate again.

I'd be free to tune your 440s on sunday morning but I hear the weather is going to be shitty. Maybe the weekend after next?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dunno haha. Its like you loosen it to make it tight. Tighten it and coolant comes out. All I know is that thing drains alot quicker than the stock one.
Same here, i was like WTF, when i was pouring coolant in and it was draining out, hahahaa

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
drive your car for a few days and see if you still overheat. Did the silencer in the muffler help your boost creeping issues? If not we may have to adjust the wastegate again.

I'd be free to tune your 440s on sunday morning but I hear the weather is going to be shitty. Maybe the weekend after next?

sure, i am off on the 19th as well if u are free..if sunday is not shitty, i come ova on that day...thanks!!! hardly drive solely hiway so wont know about the overheating part any time soon....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
meh, I just got a Del sol VTEC double row rad. does a awesome job of cooling, actually (im NA now) it never heats up unless Im sitting in traffic but thats cause my rad fan doesnt work :(

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
That drain plug is the same as the condensation valve on my HUSKY 150 gal compressor, screwed all the way out is closed and in is opened. Almost broke it the first time I tried to release. Rad looks tits man, hope it keeps her cool. Curious as to what you do to flush out the whole system, did you just use a hose or something?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That drain plug is the same as the condensation valve on my HUSKY 150 gal compressor, screwed all the way out is closed and in is opened. Almost broke it the first time I tried to release. Rad looks tits man, hope it keeps her cool. Curious as to what you do to flush out the whole system, did you just use a hose or something?
Flushed w/ water hose thru the lower hose to engine while car was on...

bled the system by havin cap off and coolant boiling over, turn on heat, close and done

radiator is great, took long time for it to warm up, esp. if just idling...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts