Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooooo I finally bought naother bike. Not to much to add really, I used to ride a SV650 and had a small incident with a rather large chevy truck so needless to say I have not ridden in a while.

Those of you that know me, or my datsun, know that I am a huge classic guy so this project fits real well.

The bike is a 1975 Honda CB550. Mileage is at 49,938 but liek all hondas, with the right kind of care these motors can easily see over 100,000.

For the price the bike is in GREAT condition. Deff needs some work, but thats the condition I was going for. Something I can take apart and rebuild and KNOW she will start every time I need her too.

Dual pipes are nice, but I am a fan of 4-1 so I will be switching with a buddy to see the diff in sound. Once the bike is running properly I will post vids of her alive and kicking.

One thing I am stoked about is the gauges. They all work (battery is no good so no pics of those lit up yet) and are in pretty decent shape too. Some cracking but almost NO fading.

So there she is.. as promised. I think I am super stoked, I am just very nervous about telling Stacey. She has threatened to leave me if I bring another bike home after my wreck a few years back.

Worse case is I have to get rid of her. (Bike not Stacey) But I am hopin it wont come to that.

Also, this thread WILL document all the work I plan to do. So crazy stuff going on this winter!

·
Screwy lewy in red
2005 Honda Accord LX
1,546 Posts
I have not told her yet. Tonight at dinner I think I will beak the news.
I remember I waited 4 months to tell my old lady about the purchase of my Honda civic off craigslist. She was Mad as hell. why did you buy that thing, etc,etc.

After I told her her the insurance was going to $30 a year and gas for the civic was going to be cheap she wants to drive the car now. Thank god its a stick and she can't drive stick.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I want !

my lady gets mad at me for silly rasins too. I picked up a z6 with gearbox,harness,axels,linkage,mounts and a p28 for 300 beans and she was a silly-poo at me. I was like "what the hair?!" men need toys beer and dogs, simple as that.

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well guys I am happy to announce that I told her and I am still alive.

She was pretty upset, at first for me SEARCHING for a bike and not telling her. My reasoning for that was "why start a argument over soemthing I MIGHT buy or might not"

Soo after a discussion on the way to dinner she said its simple. Shes happy I am goign to be able to chill wit my boy mike who owns the same exact bike, and do the whole guy thing.. and have my own time for friends and shit. Shes jsut NOT happy it has to do with motorcycles, so if I crash.. she cant gaurentee she will stick around.

To me that sounded pretty harsh, being that I am a short time away from asking this women to marry me.. but well see how it goes.

So yea.. tomorrow I may start to disassemble her, and start the clean up work. I cant fuckin wait!

·
Banned
424 Posts
nice "old" bike i used to ride a 1973 cb360t.... ok so i'm old! you have got to lose the hand grips first then get the sidecover/covers anywho good luck with the resto!

Reactions: Psychoblue23

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
She will be there for you it sounds thats just her way of saying please be careful. If she didnt flip when you got it you got a damn good women there my friend. Now on with the restoration pimp

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nice "old" bike i used to ride a 1973 cb360t.... ok so i'm old! you have got to lose the hand grips first then get the sidecover/covers anywho good luck with the resto!
Yessir, grips are so gone! I actualy jsut checked ebay for side covers, none worht buying. So I will make a few calls to some ppl I know.

She will be there for you it sounds thats just her way of saying please be careful. If she didnt flip when you got it you got a damn good women there my friend. Now on with the restoration pimp
word, I agre. Thx John.

Thx Bro!

·
Let's Go Oakland!
99 EX - 13 EX
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what types of upgrades are there suspension whise? looks mighty soft to me. I say make a cafe racer !
Not to sure yet trons, funny thing is.. cafe is where the bike is headed. Im new to the cafe scene so it will be a lto of reading before i make any major changes
:kiss:then:lickmahpussy:then:69:then :banana sex:then:buttsex:then:bj:then:cuddle:then ride:scooter:
hahahahahaha

cool beans-
thx bro

Nice bike. My nephew has a 73 cb550 sitting at my parents house that I want to get. What year was the sv? My other toy is a 06 sv650.
sweet, you should get it from him. I had a 1999 SV650 I bought in 2004 with 12,xxx miles on it.

I was making a left hand turn into residential, leaned a bit to far I guess, cuz a truck ran a stop sign and ran me over, then bounced while i slid down the street head first into the curb. Helmet saved my life, a few mph faster and I would have snapped my neck, luckily I jsut split it open

1 - 20 of 298 Posts