Honda D Series Forum banner
121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Played with the ECU sim a bit to finally install the Demon1 bluetooth module and the analog input bus. Was able to bench verify that the analog inputs to the Demon works AND the Tunerview app could connect and display things.

Verification of the sim operation is kick ass while viewing through your tuning program:

View attachment 139586
It's something beautiful! I love the blinking lights! :D What exactly is this module with analog controls responsible for?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
It's something beautiful! I love the blinking lights! :D What exactly is this module with analog controls responsible for?
That is an OBD1 ECU simulator. It provides the ECU simulated inputs like what you would find from the distributor, the O2 sensor, MAP sensor, etc, and allows you to "simulate" a running engine to the ECU without actually having to have an engine.

It allows you to exercise and set up for load testing, things like the fuel injector driver transistors, the ICM input and output, fuel pump control, radiator fan control, VTEC control, etc, all from the comfort of a work bench :)

Using this, I was able to test the bluetooth module accessory, and the datalogging capability of the demon 1 and test things like closed loop fuel control, without needing it installed to a car.

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,099 Posts
not gonna lie, that edelbrock turbo kit...
sweet project, keep up the good work!

121 - 128 of 128 Posts