Honda D Series Forum banner
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Got the wideband and controller hooked up as well. Another little nugget of awesomeness that Aero instilled in this car is this:

Grey Road surface Automotive tire Asphalt Flooring

An accessory bus panel! Almost too easy to wire in the wideband controller lmao:

Plant Speedometer Vehicle Car Tachometer

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
And so this is the current state of the car!

I took it for an alignment 2 days ago, and I've taken it a couple times for grocery getter assignments. It's running like a freaking champ. I need to get the AC refrigerant level checked as well, so I'm not using AC until i get that checked.

I'm going to try to take a cruise video with it soon, so everyone can see how it gets on!

Will also be following up with the new suspension install when I can, but for now I'm going to hop back on the other car because the October event is fast approaching, and I still have quite a bit of work to get done!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
All of it is amazing! How come she only hit 2 lbs of boost? How high up have you taken it WOT? Or doing the smart thing with re-break in? Either way, all of this is Awesome sauce!

And it has AC.

And the truck cover is there.

And the Temp Control isn't a mess.

And the interior looks mint.

Wow! Just wow! So glad to see all of the love you're putting into this car. Aero should be proud. This looks like a daily driver champ car to me. Gonna zing just enough, and still have all the creature comforts I'm missing lol.

also, isn't it rad that the cast mani says Edelbrock right on it?!?

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
659 Posts
The more you post the more I'm happy it's not my responsibility to build and keep to og standards, lmao. I'd be hard pressed to keep the quality of build while upping game.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
How come she only hit 2 lbs of boost?
My right foot limiter lol.

I wanted to wait till I got data logging up and running so I could ball park the air fuels under boost.

They looked good during a log session yesterday, so I got on it a bit more. Hit wastegate near WOT which is 7-9PSI... EBC is disabled right now, so its only on wastegate.

But it sounds healthy on wastegate, and is probably where it will stay for longevity reasons. I may move it up to 10 later, but it feels pretty good right now for daily status :)

Its clean, has AC, makes psshhh noises while cruising around, and looks decent doing it. I think its right were it needs to be!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its clean, has AC, makes psshhh noises while cruising around, and looks decent doing it. I think its right were it needs to be
I would have to agree with you there, no sense in stressing the dd or yourself out daily. always the option of setting up the 6 position rotary switch the demon is compatible with to enable higher boost for when some mustang or wrx needs put in the rear view real quick.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I would have to agree with you there, no sense in stressing the dd or yourself out daily. always the option of setting up the 6 position rotary switch the demon is compatible with to enable higher boost for when some mustang or wrx needs put in the rear view real quick.
6 position rotary switch is needed in my life...

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had all 6 spots used, one for stock with just minor fuel correction, one for max power on cold days, one for power on hot days to keep it from blowing up, even had one for traffic that would set rolling idle to 1300 so I could be lazy😅

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Haven't done much to Aero's civic lately, its just been sitting since I seem to have been sick for like 2 straight weeks for some reason.... much better yesterday and today :)

Took it for a drive yesterday, still runs great! Need to change the suspension out sooner than later, I still hate the bumping and popping.

I'm pretty sure the compliance bushings in the front need to be replaced as well, because I can feel a low thud under power right by my feet, and the car wants to wander a bit. It might be a good candidate for an energy suspension bushing refresh. That's a winter project :)

I did put a cosmetic license plate on the front, keeping the japan front plate theme between the two civics. Initial D fanboys, like the very eagle eyed type might recognize the plate on the green car, and who's plate it is haha:

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Tire

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
I think you're on to something with the compliance bushings. You gonna go spherical with those or back with rubber/urethane?

I've actually located an issue on mine thats similar that I'm going to have to address. Rear mount potentially has wear and is causing that wandering in mine. I replaced all the others and forgot to go back and do that one. It's gotta happen.

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
659 Posts
I love my energy suspension bushings, 9 years and 500k miles later they are still in good shape with only the occasional pressure wash and 1 clean and regrease, perfect street car option in my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I love my energy suspension bushings, 9 years and 500k miles later they are still in good shape with only the occasional pressure wash and 1 clean and regrease, perfect street car option in my opinion.
Thats what the grey civic has all around :) they've been fantastic

·
Registered
659 Posts
Getting the bounce out of the trailing arms can take some tweaking, but once it's dialed in they ride nicer than oe rubber if you like grip and floating makes you car sick, lol.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Played with the ECU sim a bit to finally install the Demon1 bluetooth module and the analog input bus. Was able to bench verify that the analog inputs to the Demon works AND the Tunerview app could connect and display things.

Verification of the sim operation is kick ass while viewing through your tuning program:

Green Circuit component Automotive lighting Electronic instrument Entertainment

Green Circuit component Passive circuit component Automotive lighting Hardware programmer

Computer Personal computer Font Rectangle Electronic device

Computer Personal computer Laptop Output device Peripheral

101 - 120 of 126 Posts