When I get around to it I will, going to do a rust bucket junkyard build. As requested. He just wants 11 sec 1/4 mile NA, he thinks that's not too much to ask 🤣 🤣 🤣 about 9 projects in front of him, when stuff stops breaking...
The car sat in the driveway for a bit, basic parts list in mind, but I started focusing on inspecting the rest of the car condition. Aero told me the car had been sitting for 3+ years, so I focused on the fuel system first.
Ordered a new fuel tank, and repurposed the other Walbro 255 and OE pickup sock he had in the parts stash. Pulling the tank and inspecting things, the sending unit and pump hanger was still in good shape, so those were re-used.
New fuel tank was installed pretty painlessly, minus having to drown a few more wasp nests with water along the way.
I also went ahead and pulled the ECU out, and because it was a Demon1, inspected the Keep Alive Memory lithium battery floating point voltage. Per Moates website, if battery voltage was above 2V, it should still be OK. This one spec'd out with 2.8V still.
Was able to pull the tune off the Demon on the counter, and make sure the license was still valid, it was all good:
Also went ahead and pulled the injectors out to ultrasonic clean while pulsing, and get them flow tested using the homemade rig:
It was really dark outside by the time I got the rig set up to flow the injectors, but they all performed evenly at 43.5PSI, and the spray patterns were nice and clean and even, so I rolled with that.
Lubed em up with some WD40, wrapped em in a paper towel and stored them in a plastic ziplock bag until I could reinstall them.
Did the best I could to make the tailpipe tip square to the back of the car and the ground. The muffler itself sits at a slight angle, so I had to position a random scrap piece of 2.5" and tack it in place to get the location where it would look square.
Then had to retouch the tailpipe cutout semicircle at the bumper, because it was originally off center as well, but we got it fairly straight
With the rear bumper buttoned up, I started working on the front bumper.
I opted to remove the grille meshing, because the black plastic in the grille in front of the intercooler was starting to discolor and fade. Used a dremel and trimmed it open. I personally think it looks much better opened up:
Next I re-did the brakes and gave the shocks some love: