Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently picked up a 98 LX sedan 5pd off of my buddy for a few bills to work on as a new project. I am not new to honda or Civics, this will be my fourth. this is my first engine rebuild and I have been researching quite a bit, I originally had planned to swap the motor for a b series like I had in my 99 SI but looks like things have changed a bit and this little d16 I have has some true potential.

my plan is to rebuild the d16 and then come up with a turbo setup. My goal is HP, 250-300 would be just right but for now I just want to focus on getting this motor refreshed. I currently have the head off and it needs to be rebuilt. I have found valves and seals but having are hard time finding a spring/retainer set. I read skunk2 but I see for the Y8, will they work?

thanks for any help I can get.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
how deep are you planning to go on this rebuild? If you're planning for 250-300, the stock rods won't handle. Also for springs and a camshaft, check out rocket Motorsports.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all_rice, thanks. Engine block upgrades are in the works. Replacement parts for the head have not been easy to find.

I will check out Rocket Motorsports, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts