Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally get my car running again!!! But low and behold....I originally thought my axle popped out... but I'm not exactly sure now... there's a lot of fluid on top of my tranny closest to my fire wall. And well, what my car is doing is when i pull it back or drive it forward the whole car jerks really hard and there's a llud clunk like noise coming form the front end. It sounds like it's coming from where the passanger side axle goes into the tranny but I'm not exactly sure if that's the problem or not... And when the car is in gear you can lyterally push the car forward and backwards??????

any thoughts on this???:(

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
you have an auto don't ya?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
possible that the clutch, flywheel, presure plate might have something wrong...it is unusual to see a manual just die and it not have to do something with the axles...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now if I raised the car up in the front and put it in gear, which one of the 2 front wheels would spin?.... I wonder if that axle popped out and thats why i can push the car back and forth while it's in gear?....

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
wait, you mean when you have the car running, or when you turn the tire manually?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when th car is running I can put it in gear and move the car under it's own power and I'll get that loud clunk noise that nearly shakes the entire car.

But with the car off I can put it in any gear and still push the car back and forth...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and as for the raising the car up thing I'm refering to the car running. would only one wheel spin? If so what one?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
if both wheels are off of the ground while in gear and runnning both will spin...and you need to do as trans says...check your mounts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok got under the car finally and was looking and saw this... it's the drivers side axle where it butts up against the tranny... is it me, or does that look like it's a decent sized gap?..... Notice the fluid everywhere..... not liek that on the passanger axle side..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts