Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In EXACTLY one month my y8 is getting built... now I am gonna break it in with conventional oil for sure.... but my next question is what synthetic should I run? I am currently running mobil-1 10W30 full synthetic and it works really good... but what about royal purple...? I keep hearing more and more good things about this as well? what do u guys think??

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
mobil-1 5W30 what i use straight from honda..I buy the oil, filter and spark plugs from them.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
i run 5w30 mobil-1 with k&n filter

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
50 dollar oil changes FTL

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i run royal purple and a K and N oil filter, i change it every 3 to 4 k :)

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i run royal purple and a K and N oil filter, i change it every 3 to 4 k :)
thats what im leaning towards.... and I have seen dyno gains tooo.... in one mag this month the new evo X gained 7.4 hp off the royal purple oil.... fucking nutz

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
thats what im leaning towards.... and I have seen dyno gains tooo.... in one mag this month the new evo X gained 7.4 hp off the royal purple oil.... fucking nutz
my brother is a amsoil rep, and i always liked amsoil, its probably as good as royal purple, however i once saw a test done where royal purple not only came out the winner and had less of a scar on the metal, but it actually started to polish and smooth the scars surface.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've used Schaeffer's Oils for years on all kinds of race engines. Had extremely good luck with it. It's the only oil I've seen that after tear down on a race motor that ran out of coolant for 4 miles finished race and every bearing was like new. All the cylinder scored but no bearing damage, sold me.

link: http://www.schaefferoil.com

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my brother is a amsoil rep, and i always liked amsoil, its probably as good as royal purple, however i once saw a test done where royal purple not only came out the winner and had less of a scar on the metal, but it actually started to polish and smooth the scars surface.
that is awesome....

·
Registered
766 Posts
mobil-1 5W30 what i use straight from honda..I buy the oil, filter and spark plugs from them.
Why would you pay the markup from Honda for the exact same oil you get at WalMart. Mobil 1 is Mobil 1 no matter what store you get it from

Anyway, I use Mobil 7500 synthetic blend, and either the standard A02 Honda filter, or a SuperTech

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
Why would you pay the markup from Honda for the exact same oil you get at WalMart. Mobil 1 is Mobil 1 no matter what store you get it from

Anyway, I use Mobil 7500 synthetic blend, and either the standard A02 Honda filter, or a SuperTech
I just buy it all when im there cuz im lazy...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts