Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'90 Honda Civic Si..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a block off of a guy on norcalcrx yesterday. It was built by Kaeding Performance before their machine shop burnt down. Pretty stout looking thing. I'll take pics later. It allegedly has sleeves, scat rods, and JE pistons in it. It's got ARP head studs and a block guard (not sure if I'm going to leave it in... not sure if I can get it out :( ). I have a head that I need to rebuild and some Airmass headers that came with the package. I'm wondering if anyone around San Jose knows of a good place to go to have the head rebuilt for a reasonable price. I'll keep you all posted of how the reassembly is going. Should have pics up by Sunday.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
doesnt make any sense to me as to why there would be new sleeves and a block guard as well. You may not be able to pull it out because some are welded in.

you should look more into wether it is actually sleeved or not. i doubt it is if they also installed a block guard, but ya never know.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Only place in California I would reccommend is Portflow. They are down South in LA.

·
Registered
'90 Honda Civic Si..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think the block guard is welded in. Thanks for the heads up on the head... sorry about that one.

Is there any way to verify that the block has been sleeved? Supposedly the block had darton sleeves installed durring the initial build. Thanks again.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Is the head "O-ringed"? Looks like it is sleeved from that pic.

·
Registered
'90 Honda Civic Si..
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NNOOOOOO!!!!!!!! well... if it's one of those flat faced one's it was going to die of breathing problems later in life anyhow, might as well take care of it now.

·
Registered
510 Posts
NNOOOOOO!!!!!!!! well... if it's one of those flat faced one's it was going to die of breathing problems later in life anyhow, might as well take care of it now.
"What did you say?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts