Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, i just got my new motor in yesterday and running( a6/z6, vitaras, eagles, arp head studs). The car idles alright and runs out of boost alright but isnt pulling very hard in boost and breaks up really bad at about 5500 rpm and looses all power, the timing is set with a timing light . It holds 6psi right until it starts breaking up.any idea what my problem is, also what kind of oil pressure should i have at idle.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
what ecu?? program?? who tuned?? tune both maps??

oil: I'm wanting to say 10 at idle? 50 at like 3 grand?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah its tuned. i ran almost the same setup last year. I think i may have figured out the problem, i dont think im getting the right oil pressure because i can only get to 40psi from 3k up. I think this would cause vtec not to engage and maybe make it fall on its face in high rpm, does this sound possible

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, that's about the stock vtec engagement point. Search porting and shimming your oil pump for better pressure at greater rpms!

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Have you checked your vtec solenoid screen for dirt and clogs??

CEL's??

vtec = largely dependent upon oil pressure, so yes, that could be affecting it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, vtec was working and oil pressure is good so that wasnt the problem, i think its timing but i jsut cant get it the timing marks to light up right with the light, im starting to think its the wrong crank pulley, could this be the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts