Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been autocrossing a 1987 CRX Si since 2012. It belonged to my aunt, who bought it new. She raced it in SF Region SCCA in Improved Touring for 25 years or so. About the only thing left of the original 1985 car is the guts of the 5 speed plus a few interior parts. It's on the 3rd body after two wrecks where it was totaled. I have the original 1985 D15 in my garage, which spun a main bearing 3 years ago. I'm currently running a replacement d15 which I bought on CL for $100.

I've also got a 1969 Chevelle convertible that I'm currently working on restoring, a BJ8 Healey 3000 that's next, and a Caterham Super 7 Supersport that sits next to the CRX in the garage and gets used for track days, so I have some wide ranging interests when it comes to cars.

I used to hang out a lot at Red Pepper Racing, but it looks like that site isn't coming back anytime soon.

The car currently has a full Street Prepared suspension including Medieval Pro Tein dampers, 27mm front t-bars, 400# rear springs, stock front bar, and a big rear bar. Wheels are 13x9 Keizer with 20x10 Avon slicks. Weight reduction has brought it down to below 1700# total.

Here's a picture of my friend on the course last weekend in Mississippi. I have to say, I've never gotten that car on the two front wheels like that.

Attachments

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Have you ever heard of the Sandbox? that forum might be a way better fit.

What about the Honey Badger CRX?

29mm front T-bars?

Houseman dog box?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts