Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys I was referred by Koots from another forum, he said this was the place to be for good civic info. So I bought my ek recently and it already has a jdm b18c with a type r head, but I guess they didnt use the correct motor mounts because the driver side one broke... did some googleing and it seems to be a common problem. other threads on the subject say it can be fixed but dont say how? thank you in advance, sucks to have just bought this thinking I got a good deal and this happens.. this last pic isnt my car but better pic of the exact same thing. Is the car unsafe to drive like this? the motor still seems to be solidly held in place but idk I'm brand new to the civic/honda/import game

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

· \/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
18,181 Posts
Is that picture really from 2008?

Give me another picture of the threads if you can please. Th gsr block has 3 threads to bolt the post mount for a acura. If the gsr goes in a ek, you need your stock y7/y8 post mount which has 2 holes to bolt on the single cam block. You can bolt it onto the gsr block the same way also. So by the looks of that last picture, that thread that's broken, you don't really need it. The ek stock post mount bolts to the other threads. Hope that makes sense. If not, let us know.

Ps,
Koots is a cool dude :biggrin:

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the last pic isnt of my motor but is the exact same hole that is broken on mine, I found that pic while searching the problem and used it too cuz my motor is still in the car and its hard to get a good pic. I will post some better pics tho. thanks for the help

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea but thats not my car, in that photo his timing belt split in two and overlapped itself like that. heres another pic, so this isnt a d series mount correct? and if its not a d series where can I get one? and do they come with the bolts cuz I dont have any

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.