Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 civic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is John and i travel in a 92-95 civic coup with a mini-me. Sorry to say I bought it as is, so yes it came with a minime. BUT it had issues. Minor problems that was easy fix. To start it is a d15z1 block mated with Y8 head, ngk plugs and dizzy, plus intake and Y8 timing, with Ex.trans. Currently added 4-2-1 headers an downpipe to stock 2'25 exhaust/resonator for sleeper status. New battery, swapped p06 it came with to a (self)converted at->Mt P28. Untuned .Get's 20-30mph. Jus a few more minor issues to work out like smoking, possible seals are bad and new transmission because I can hear bears spinning. And some electrical issues. Well there we have it.
-Panda1

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Welcome to the Forum John, sorry to hear you're having problems with your new ride. The smoking can be from bad valve stem seals or if the mileage is high enough (or maintenance lacked) it could be the guides, rings go out at higher mileage as well or if it was ever overheated the oil rings will stick(1.5 block more likely to happen to happen).

Enjoy your stay,

PS: Be careful with them spinning bears... they can be a handful lol.
new transmission because I can hear bears spinning.

·
Registered
94 civic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the ideas, I figured it would be something of the sort from seals to rings. Poor maintenance I believe done this Panda wrong but I'm pumpin oil (life) back into it.
And yea...not really taking it easy on trany lol I know should but I like my sleeper so much. Like a kid in the candistore or toyRus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts