Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. As i stated im a new member here just got into the d series. I have a 1992 civic hatch 5speed with a d16y8. Im running it at my local cirlce track. Im looking for some tips on suspension for better handling in the corners. The track is 1/4 mile asphalt with little to no banking. Im tunning stock tire soze as of now and only suspension work done its a strut tower bar. Any suggestions.

P.s. car must remain with stock suspension parts. I you can tweek then a little but has to remain stock.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
There is definitely some stuff you can do with alignment.

Now when you say stock, you mean you cant change out springs, and shocks must be OEM replacement type, correct? Same for swaybars?

Do you know if coil spacers are allowed? Rubber Coil Spring Spacer - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

Are you allowed to move weight around in the car? Its a no-brainer to move as much stuff to the inside side of the car as possible.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
make some cheap spacer rings out of plastic cutting boards for the outer rear spring to preload the shit out of it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never thought about coil spacers... yes everything must be an oem stock part... but what kinda car the oem part came off of doesn't matter. We just cant run anything like coil overs and adjustables. But if you guys thinks there a better suspension off of a another civic that would help corning... just looking for advice.

First time out car had a d15b7 in it. Finshed 17th out of 25. With the d16y8 swap hoping to finsh better but handling also helps.

** sorry for the miss spelling my phone sucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go out there an start winning every feature race they will tear your car apart and pick it over. Possibly banning you from the track. But there is a few guys out there running the vtec same as mine sandbagging it so they wont get banned. Im just looking for a little help in the suspension aspect of it. If i got the power i just have to get the car to corner..

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Stock springs on the inside, integra springs on the outside?

One of the first cars I bought was an old circle track mustang, previous owner had the rear end off center by about an inch.

Might be able to get away with wheel spacers on the outside.

Can you use cut factory springs? Or modified shock top hats to preload the factory springs more? Or are you allowed spring tie downs?

Other than that I would be looking at what cars I could steal a stiffer swaybar from, and replacing bushings.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Stock springs on the inside, integra springs on the outside?
negative
why?
CROSS WEIGHT

think spring preload, camber, possibly unhooking the front bar, or preloading the shit out of it. DIET

hornets is a driver class, If you can drive worth a shit you don't need to cheat. I have gone from 20th to 3rd in one lap THIRD MILE in a 93 cavalier (gross)passing tards in cars at GRUNDY COUNTY SPEEDWAY. you either have balls and know how to use them or ya dont.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Car is completely gutted. Only thing in it is racing seat roll cage and me. I seem you mentioned camber... best ways of doing that without hacking up strut towers? Im running 195 70 r14s plan on going to either 65 or 60 tire for better gearing. In the corner the driver side rear wheel is about 3 inches off the ground... trying to get it on the pavement and hug the corners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts