Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is George and I am new to this forum although not exactly a newbie :)

I have been building Honda's the last 20 years and I also run a Honda performance shop in my country (respecting the forum's rules, I am not naming it). The reason for joining the forum is that I just got a '96 del sol with the D16y8 which I plan to slowly build as my fun car. Plans are to go with the standard vitara route and use a small to medium sized turbo (GT2860RS) for a fun to drive daily car. My CRX del sol was bought in immaculate condition with just 37k on the clock and it is fully featured including a perfectly working transtop roof!

I hope to share with the community my knowledge and experience and also get some information about my build.

Previously owned Honda's:
Honda Civic EG6 VTi (my first car, Euro version with B16a2 engine, b18c6 swap) [sold]
AP1 S2000 (turbocharged, stock motor, Precision 5857, 480whp) [sold]
CL9 Accord (same as TSX, supercharged, 9psi, 298whp) [current family car]

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,917 Posts
Yeah i guess not a newb, welcome man. Im sure you will get all he help you need here. Its a good site

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome 'n00b' lol. Do you have any snaps of the cars. I dig the newer accords for sure, yours sounds tits.

I saw one of the TSX models converted to the accord. They are a good looking beasty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the fleet: (del sol was slightly hit, I am currently doing a whole new paint job and rebuilding the engine. Got it ridiculously cheap!)

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
That Eruo R doh

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Nice intro! That s2k looks sick. That would have been the last car I bought of that was the case personally

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the S2k was good :) It was a test car with three fuels: gasoline, water-methanol injection and propane! I miss the car but it was time to get a family car (CL9) and could not afford both. Here is another (professional) picture, taken from a local tuning magazine when my car was presented.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks! This was my first car, bought in 1996 (last one in Greece before the introduction of the EK4) and sold in 2007. Eleven good reliable years. Fantastic car, it's a pity you did not get that in the States. All EG6 Euro hatches featured black interior, ABS, sunroof, front strut bar and the 8k redline :) They also had some body reinforcements compared to other EG hatches, upgraded suspension with rear anti-roll bar, front lip, rear wing spoiler and sport seats.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts