Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Honda ever late last week. I currently own a Chevy Sonic as well. The Civic's main job is to replace the Sonic so I can get rid of a monthly car payment. I'm looking to buy my first house soon so I needed to cut back on bills.

With that said I wanted something inexpensive, reliable and something I could tinker with. That had me on the search for Hondas.

I ended up finding this 1 owner 2000 4dr Civic LX on craigslist last Thursday. Went to check it out and it was just as nice as I hoped. So I ended up purchasing it.

Here are some photos:

I love it so far. Needs a bit of maintenance but thats expected. It's virtually rust free, 125k miles and came with a book of maintenance records. Literally everything the car has ever had done.

Here are a few photos of my Sonic:

Went [email protected] in the Sonic.

Here is an even older pic of a Focus I owned:

And one final picture of my old Rabbit:

I'm looking forward to being a part of this new (to me) community.

Thanks for reading,

-Fox

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I love the four door, was the perfect base for me.

The couple I bought it from were asking $2800, I knocked them down to $2300.

Just purchased a timing belt kit (DAYCO) and some energy suspension shifter bushings.

I can't wait to sell my Sonic so I can start driving this thing.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,905 Posts
I love the rabbit man. Its a sweet car. Also you have clean taste, just the type of people we like on this site lol

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
When you get to tune up, Use OEM cap and rotor, wires (or NGK)

Civics ignitions are picky with aftermarket parts.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,905 Posts
No bosh on pre 03 hondas either. Oem ignition stuff is better then all aftermarket stuff (within similer price) msd ignition is for fan boys. Just letting you know hahah

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Nice line up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice guys. A tune up will definitely get done soon here. I appreciate the tips.

lol at slicks on the sonic, that's ridiculous
Someone prolly said the same thing about a Civic way back when, right? Lol.

The Sonic made decent power. 170hp/230tq on a Mustang dyno. It would beat the stock little plastic tires right off the damn car, lol.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Here here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Added a few things to the car since my first post. Installed a ebay header because my stock one was severely cracked. Paired that up with a Yonaka cat-back. Tossed in some Yonaka motor mounts.

Lowered it a bit with Koni STR.T's and Tein springs. Put a HPS intake on it too because I like wasting money.

Civic (after lowering) by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

Civic (after lowering) 3 by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

Civic (after lowering) 2 by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

Last weekend I made a big purchase for the car. Hoping to have it in by years end at the absolute latest.

Untitled by Mikel Novack, on Flickr

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Looks good so far, got pics of the new installed parts?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Was gunna say do an intake mani swap, but with the new motor, you should put all funds towards making that your new heart.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts