Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evenin' all.

I've just joined the D-series community.

I'd had bikes, but I hadn't owned a Honda car until nearly 4 years ago. Then we as a family got the bug. We wanted an Accord, but couldn't find the right one. A sparkling blue 5th Gen Prelude turned up and we didn't say 'no'. But within days, a Pirates Black Accord Type R with the spoiler delete option turned up. Just our spec. We bought both.

A black 4th Gen Prelude (now sold) and a black 5th Gen increased the fleet. And then came our latest: an Integra DB9. This is the one with AWD and a D16 engine. It's why I'm here.

We're in southern England. There doesn't seem to be a decent forum in the UK for the rarest Teg (possibly the only one in the country).The Integra clubs are all about Type Rs. The Civic clubs seem only to cater for yoofs who like loud exhausts.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Didn't know this was a thing.

I'm guessing it uses Similar RT4WD we find over here on the EF Wagovans,

Does it have a Super Low Gear?

"The third generation also saw the production of an all-wheel drive option. Available only in the four-door sedan, the ZXi4WD[12] (93-95) and Xi4WD[13] (95-00) had 1.6L SOHC ZC engines coupled to a version of Honda's Real Time AWD." -Wikipedia

Never messed with a ZC, are they big ports or little?

Only comes in 4 Doors too, Looks like Honda wanted to make extra $$$ with leftovers, haha

Nice find

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome.

Neat. Can you get it on a lift and post pictures of under her skirts?
I can't get it out of the rough track from our house until I remove the front splitter or put longer springs on! (The track's shared with some big 4x4s and they've dug some deeper holes since I bought it.)

http://www.howmanyleft.co.uk
BV1's Factory DB9 Integra AWD | E-Tunez
That thread is rather old, but i believe it is the same car you have. Man I wish we in the states got these rare cars.
howmanyleft doesn't list it in the UK.
Yes, that's the model. Mine has a manual gearbox and some previous owner has removed the ABS, which is a shame.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome, I am interested in pics of the fleet as well. The teg and accord struck my cords.

We cater to all types, flush out ricers and wannabes, and help those willing to learn and most importantly listen.

Glad you made your way here.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm guessing it uses Similar RT4WD we find over here on the EF Wagovans,

Does it have a Super Low Gear?

Never messed with a ZC, are they big ports or little?
The van was known as a Shuttle in the UK. I don't think 4WD versions were an official import, though.
It's a 5-gear job, ie: without the extra low gear.

I don't know anything about ZCs either. Our other Hondas are all H22s.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you have some sweet rides. Also as long as you are willing to do some research about the basics and such before posting you should he fine. We hate trolls on here. Stay away from the guys with negative rep as they have it for a reason. But your off to a good start sound like you got a rare beauty on your hands.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Welcome to DSO.

1) Read well
2) Search first

and

Neat. Can you get it on a lift and post pictures of under her skirts?
3) Don't listen to this guy ^

Enjoy your stay. Looking forward to seeing pics of your ride.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome. Sounds like you have some sweet rides. Also as long as you are willing to do some research about the basics and such before posting you should he fine.
Thanks.

I have tried to post already, as in send replies to some of the things already said on this thread. I guess I need to get used to the way the moderators work: it isn't quite the same on the other two forums I'm part of.

Ah! It's worked. My previous attempts were met with a message to say that they'd appear when the mods had vetted them. I'll give it another go.

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some responses:-

Unfortunately, howmanyleft doesn't list my model in the UK

The e-tunez link is for the same model.

The Wagon is called a Shuttle in England, I think. I don't believe that the AWD version was ever officially imported here, though.

The Teg has a 5 speed box, ie: no extra low 1st.

I don't know about the ZC ports. In fact, I don't know anything about the D series! My other cars have H22As.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
That's good to hear about the trans. Aquafina says those boxes are complete shit. (Tranny guru)

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Nice car man!

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Right, here are some better pictures:-

The D16 Teg. Originally, I thought I'd just have to change the ride height and the wheels,but it now has an ominous rattle which sounds like a shell bearing has gone. :sad:

The black Lude in Germany. It's working well, although I do have to re-set the 4WS every six months or so. (The ZX10R is also in the fleet, but not the Suzi.)

The ATR, which was a beast until recently. Next jobs are new exhaust, new coilovers and an intermittent ignition fault that doesn't throw up any codes ...

And finally, the fleet on a rainy day (the Ninja's in the shed).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts