Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up all,

I bought a 2005 honda civic ex se. I wanted to drop a b series but I found out it would be a huge pain in the ass. So I wanted to just build my D and I wanted to keep it all motor, so under the hood it would still kinda look stock. I was just wondering if anyone would know where I could buy some high compression pistons, valve springs, rods, exc... So if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I hope to hear back.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah my friends are tuners and im tying to stay up there with them.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
No offense man but you shouldnt have bought 05 Civic if you want to be like your tuner buddies, I own a 02 Ex and there isnt shit you can do w/ them really they dont react too boltons @ all they allmost feel slower than stock w/ CAI/H/E.. If you want to put some power too the ground ever w/ that car contemplate K series transplant into it. Or save money up and buy older EF hatch Eg ect.. ANd build it, it will be lot less money and then you will have 05 for daily good gas mileage car..
But there is not lost hope man :) You can boost that bitch w/ a SF "Stafford Fabrications" kit. If you want more details on it LMK I will point you in right direction.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boost isn't the only option anymore.. go to 7thgencivic.com and talk to kezay or look up his name on member search and read his threads on crower rebuilding his engine. he was the man who had crower do r&d on his motor so they can mass produce parts for everyone. his mod list right now is:

I\H\E
P&P D17A2 head (also milled)
AEM Power pullies
Crower stage 3 cams
Crower valve springs & Titanium Retainers
Crower Stainles steel valves
ARP head studs (tightned to 65 ft lbs)
AEM cam gear
CP forged 11.5 pistons
ACT Extreme 6 puck clutch with extreme pressure plate
ACT prolite flywheel
Tein SS suspension
Energy suspension full bushing kit
Koyo racing Radiator
B&M short shifter
DC5 ITR (K20A) injectors

he lives in the carribean and has gone against a DC5 ITR and beat it, not by much but a win is a win, now think of all that plus boost. The D17 has great potential, but since it is new all the parts are gonna cost lots of $$$$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts