Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i want to try to get my d-series to 150 whp, maybe even 200 whp

im just wondering what i can do to get it there

lol current mods-

d16z6
dc sports 4-2-1 one piece header
hollowed out cat
60 mm mid pipes
tsudo fireball axle back (soon to be spoon if something works out)
aem cam gear
aem cold air intake

i know im have to do some valve train work, i found a place that does really good work for a decent price, full valves, retainers, cam, and minor port with a polish.

im hoping to have at least 120 whp with that, but i want more. i want to try to get to 150 maybe even 200 whp in an all motor d-series.

what else can i do to get more out of my engine, thats not boosting

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
welcome, it seems someone neg rep you. well you're not going to even see 200 whp N/a. lets get that out the way. you can see 120whp and 150whp, but not with that mickey mouse setup. there is several ppl doing some good #s in the N/A dept. don't shoot yourself in the foot right out the gate do a little reasearch.

·
Registered
435 Posts
high compression with a nice little head package!

·
Registered
80 Posts
well first... It's good that you got all the bolt-on's out of the way... now... I can't see any stock D series block to be able to produce those numbers at stock shape... if you are willing to spend the bucks... you can achive the 200 whp!!! but first you have to get somethings out of the way... The d's have a very bad "low" R/S ratio which lowers the ability to rev the engine to higher RPM's... you should aim to get a high R/S ratio in the 1.65-1.75 range... like the B16 1.76 R/S ratio which could get this engine up to 11000 + RPM's in stock form!!! but in order to achive this you'd have to fit longer "CUSTOM" rods... but the block won't allow for too much of a long rod to be in place... so the only way to go is by making the block longer by using a "Deck Plate" OR by De-stroking the current crank stroke but this will lower your torque ability and i don't recomend it to a high degree... SECOND our cylinder bores are too small... try to work on that... THIRD... our heads ports are even smaller so alot of the budget would have to go to the head department!! so now your looking at 5000$ worth of project... but to me... it's definatley worth it!! :D

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
OK 200whp for 5000????? or 450whp for 3000....hmm thats hard, dude its your money and I understand about not wanting to deal with the head ache of a turbo, but with all the work youll have to do to a Dseries for 200whp..that motor wont be save anyway. Prolly end up having more trouble than a turbo.

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive been researching into tuning and headwork, i cant get all my headwork done for 900, including everything, built to whatever style i want (na, turbo, superd).

i know i can get to 135 whp from that , casue my buddies got a y7 with a z7 head and that same kit thats putting down 140 whp, with only a sri and axle back.im trying t figure out if i should go with the eldebrok mani,

im just wondering what else i can do to try to break the 150 range

·
Registered
424 Posts
After you put all that money into your NA setup with, high compression pistons,rods,head work,cam,valve springs,intake manifold,oversize TB and a few other things You still won't make as much power as a well tuned homemade turbo setup. I made 160HP with a T-25 turbo on an HF manifold.
Turbo is the best bang for the buck you can get. They are not that hard to install. The tuning is the key to making power. Get a chipped ECU and have the car tuned on a dyno, you will love it;)

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea but i dont want a turbo, i want to do this all motor (maybe supercharged), i dont want to deal with turbo lag.

people- dont try to convince me to go turbo or not to do something other than building this other than all motor, im going this way to have a decently quick daily driver engine not something that will attract even more cops with the "psh" noise

i want to go all motor just to prove that a d-series can make some decent power all motor

·
Registered
80 Posts
i want to go all motor just to prove that a d-series can make some decent power all motor
That's the spirit!!... I'm going toward the same goal... people tryin to convince me to take the B-series and tell me all kind of reasons... offcourse it's going to be the BEST bang for your buck... but did you prove anything??
you just re-did what another guy did 1 million times before... if i wanted a fast car i would'v pluged in that 150 shot of NOS and that it!!!

im just wondering what else i can do to try to break the 150 range
Probebley a higher CR will help you achive this, but if your thinking higher you have to start thinking blockwise... tell me your thoughts

·
Registered
eg hatch
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know i have to do something to the block, thats what this thread was leaning more to, i wanted to know the pistion options and tricks to possibly stocking my motor with a different piston and rod from a different d-series. or somethng along that line

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.