Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo, i have buy my self HONDA CIVIC VI Hatchback (EJ,EK) - 1.6 VTI (EK4) 160hp

and it has waay to shirt 4th and 5th gear, in 60 miles/pr or 100km/pr it has 3.5/3.7 rpm and thats not what i need beacouse i drive on flat roads most of the time... and I want to swap to 1997 1.4L si tranny becouse it give the engine Much longer and relaxing 4-5th gear and alot bytter rpm, like 2.5 rpm at 60mph or 100kmh

I have read that the 1997 1.4 si tranny (b000) Would fit if the tranny i have had some nr that fit, but the tranny i got on the car is somthing like (crs) or somthing like that where the (b000) or (a000) should be. It looks like it Will fit Nice on the engine, its cand of the same look, Just that i cant find out what tranny i got...

I have read that other tranys maby cant handle the power and that the tourq vold be totaly wrong, but im not driving very hard, civic is my dayli so i need to br Nice to it, and i also want ut to be OK with longer gears.

It would be nice if some one want to help me with the info i need, I have tryed to fine info on the internet and on this place, but there is so much to read up on and i real new to the honda/car game...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,743 Posts
Seems you are mixing generations on the engine and transmissions, also whatever program you are using to translate....sucks.

Or you are just spamming.

Being THE person that figured out the casting codes 20+ years ago, I giving some room for error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems you are mixing generations on the engine and transmissions, also whatever program you are using to translate....sucks.

Or you are just spamming.

Being THE person that figured out the casting codes 20+ years ago, I giving some room for error.
Okei, I'm sorry for bad english...

The thing is I have a:
(Honda civic 1997 Hatchback 1.4L 90hp)(B000/s40 transmisjon)
And a:
(Honda civic 2000 Hatchback 1.6L doch Vtec engine 160 hp) (unknown transmision)

and i think last owner (Vtec) have change the transision to some other probably to get better aceleration... After some surfing the internet for info, I have found that the (B000) Will fitt good on the engine.

But can you maby give me a link where i can read moren about it, thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okei, I'm sorry for bad english...

The thing is I have a:
(Honda civic 1997 Hatchback 1.4L 90hp)(B000/s40 transmisjon)
And a:
(Honda civic 2000 Hatchback 1.6L doch Vtec engine 160 hp) (unknown transmision)

and i think last owner (Vtec) have change the transision to some other probably to get better aceleration... After some surfing the internet for info, I have found that the (B000) Will fitt good on the engine.

But can you maby give me a link where i can read moren about it, thank you
Hallo, i have buy my self HONDA CIVIC VI Hatchback (EJ,EK) - 1.6 VTI (EK4) 160hp

and it has waay to shirt 4th and 5th gear, in 60 miles/pr or 100km/pr it has 3.5/3.7 rpm and thats not what i need beacouse i drive on flat roads most of the time... and I want to swap to 1997 1.4L si tranny becouse it give the engine Much longer and relaxing 4-5th gear and alot bytter rpm, like 2.5 rpm at 60mph or 100kmh

I have read that the 1997 1.4 si tranny (b000) Would fit if the tranny i have had some nr that fit, but the tranny i got on the car is somthing like (crs) or somthing like that where the (b000) or (a000) should be. It looks like it Will fit Nice on the engine, its cand of the same look, Just that i cant find out what tranny i got...

I have read that other tranys maby cant handle the power and that the tourq vold be totaly wrong, but im not driving very hard, civic is my dayli so i need to br Nice to it, and i also want ut to be OK with longer gears.

It would be nice if some one want to help me with the info i need, I have tryed to fine info on the internet and on this place, but there is so much to read up on and i real new to the honda/car game...
And i also want to know what to look for when im going to change the transission, so i dont make some mistake that can brake some importent things,

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I think the question is, will a B16 accept a D14 transmission? Much simpler version, will a DOHC (dual overhead camshaft) engine accept a SOHC (Single overhead camshaft) transmission.

The answer is, "depends on budget and skill"

There is cutting, grinding, welding, and fabrication required to make it happen.
But there are also expensive kits to make it all plug and play. But the price is not a good balance to the result.

The real answer to the quesition would be to import a B18A or B18A transmission, as they have longer gearing, and will perfectly fit, as long as the manual transmission chosen is a hydraulic clutch style

1 - 8 of 8 Posts