Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my birthday is in a couple of months. I'm thinking I might buy an edelbrock performer x IM and I want to install a new throttle body with it. I was thinking about just putting on a 60mm b series TB. I have a 99 ex. which throttle body should I buy? and what all will I need on it? also if anyone has a how to on how to swap in a b series TB that would be great.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
if you have a 99 ex i would look for a 99-00 si or 98-01 integra because that plugs might be different for early models that have obd2a but im not sure and putting a bseries t/b on is like putting your ex one on, and you will need the t/b gasket for the t/b you purchase.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jb2178 said:
I have to tell you to do the same thing I did which is send your TB to maxbore - $100 and just look at mine: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10863

it's like a brand new one - I shipped it on tuesday afternoon to him and I got it back friday... easy, fast, clean
I would like to do that, but I can't afford the down time on the car. and from what I've seen a b series TB should only run 50 or less.

J

·
0 Posts
just be careful where you get it from - I had a bad tps on my original one so I bought a used one on ebay and put it on - the damned thing makes my idle bounce which is why I had maxbore remanufacture my old one with a new tps... I think the reason the idle bounces is because the throttle lever that you attach the throttle cable to sticks a bit before it opens so I think my ecu has a hard time opening it up just a bit... it's so stupid -my car sounds like I'm revving it when I pull out in the morning

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
everything on mine currently works fine. and from what I understand, I will be switching everything over. and if I get say the 99-00 si TB. then it will be a straight swap and I will be using all of my original parts, correct?

J

·
0 Posts
that's my understanding of it - shouldn't be any problems at all just make sure to port match it all... good luck - but if you can see the TB before you buy it just try the throttle lever and make sure it has smooth motion from closed to WOT - if it seems to stick I would find another one...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts