25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wouldnt put it past jfk to reclaim the record, his new build is badass

just cool to see Vitaras taking mass amounts of boost, and n20 to boot :smile:

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
I wonder if the first person to pass the 500whp mark with be someone with the i-beam rods instead of stock length? That extra compression has to help out when shooting for such high numbers!

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
I wonder if the first person to pass the 500whp mark with be someone with the i-beam rods instead of stock length? That extra compression has to help out when shooting for such high numbers!
funny i feel the complete opposite about that! heh

good numbers none the less

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,388 Posts
just got it on the dyno last night. hell have some times soon enough im sure.

also keep im mind he made more power than posted, the car kept spinning on the dyno, probly in the 530-550 hp range.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,388 Posts
vitaras were ment to be low compression. not higher. thats what the piston is designed for. not to mention the lower the compression the more you can play with ignition timing.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
according to the OP, they hope to break that mark next week...hopefully it will hit the 500 mark

vitaras were ment to be low compression. not higher. thats what the piston is designed for. not to mention the lower the compression the more you can play with ignition timing.
agreed. everyone needs to remember that these are CAST pistons, the low compression is why they do so well. bump that compression up, and you lose the ability to run massive amounts of boost with relatively agressive timing.

·
My 91 Crx Hf
97 Civic Coupe
2,164 Posts
according to the OP, they hope to break that mark next week...hopefully it will hit the 500 mark

agreed. everyone needs to remember that these are CAST pistons, the low compression is why they do so well. bump that compression up, and you lose the ability to run massive amounts of boost with relatively agressive timing.
I guess I was just coming from you won't have to run as much boost, and I remembered seeing that jfk was going to use the i-beams this time around. I wasn't trying to start an argument I just was kinda thinking out loud I guess lol, sorry for the threadjack! :bigok:

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess I was just coming from you won't have to run as much boost, and I remembered seeing that jfk was going to use the i-beams this time around. I wasn't trying to start an argument I just was kinda thinking out loud I guess lol, sorry for the threadjack! :bigok:
no no, no arguments here ;)

im sure jfk will make a ton of hp with the i-beams. but IMO for the everday builder/tuner, stock length rods are the way to go

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is totally awesome!

The fact that they did 40+pulls and were running 30psi of boost plus 100-150shot of nitrous and the pistons and sleeves held up is just incredible!

That and the fact that they said on the bigger shot it just spun tires so they couldn't get a chart - I have no doubt that it made over 500+whp.

The hp peak is also way down at only 6800rpm, which is crazy. To pull that much hp at such a low rpm shows that the motor was holding up to some serious cylinder pressures.

386tq is a TON, nitrous is like crack on a boosted motor!

Great job!!!

Vitaras FTW once again!

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
386tq is a TON, nitrous is like crack on a boosted motor!
nothin wrong with a little CRACK!
i hope to see 500whp record soon.
this is wild. makes me happy to be runnin vitaras.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts