Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic DX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first car, it is a 2000 Honda Civic DX coupe with a D16Z6 engine. It is manual and currently running, the last owner took terrible care of the engine so it's pretty dirty inside and out. I want to eventually replace the majority of the parts and build it into a street sleeper. This is my first Honda, and first project. I want to pretty much rebuild it from the inside out, so I need help on deciding where to start, where the best quality for lowest price parts can be purchased online, best brands(money not a factor), etc. Thank you for any help!

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
this is a GREAT site to use the search function and find out a lot of questions you will have. I'm assuming you are saying "sleeper" you want to talk about turbo charging correct?

GO-AUTOWORKS LLC - WWW.GO-AUTOWORKs.COM

greg the owner USED to frequent this forum , now as of late the boards have been very slow but greg is a greg person and can have you in the 250-750 hp range!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome, I got my first Honda a few months ago. Best thing you can do is read, read and read! Theres so much valuable information on this forum.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
if it is really a d16z6, check to see if it is using the d16z6 distributor with an adapter harness.

If it is, I suggest going OBD1 conversion route. you are OBD2B

avoid ebay harness adapters

Once OBD1, focus on finding a tuning solution. tune the stock d16z6 for fun and experience

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
I just purchased my first car, it is a 2000 Honda Civic DX coupe with a D16Z6 engine. It is manual and currently running, the last owner took terrible care of the engine so it's pretty dirty inside and out. I want to eventually replace the majority of the parts and build it into a street sleeper. This is my first Honda, and first project. I want to pretty much rebuild it from the inside out, so I need help on deciding where to start, where the best quality for lowest price parts can be purchased online, best brands(money not a factor), etc. Thank you for any help!
lol pretty much what i'm doing with my 2000 dx coupe with a d16z6 in it.:ninja:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts