Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has picked one of these up? The new, re-designed ones look pretty damn sweet... im thinking about getting one in the near fuure here...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
LOL. I plan on getting one also. I haven't seen much info on the newest version but I think it is still the same in the inside but with a little make over on the outside. Maybe just a little bigger valve? I could be mistaken.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
its because of all the fake china knockoffs on ebay, they wanted to reestablish what the ssqv is. its pretty much the same thing. the only difference is that they took the adjustment knob off the back because people kept screwing the settings up.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
I can hear my friends RFL in his Del Sol as he passes my work place while inside working 3 floors up! LOL
:werd: most i have heard are loud as shit.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
noob question. RFL = ?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really fucking loud. by turboXS. the one on the left.

purdy bov's....... yeah I dont know which one to go with yet..... its between the turbo xs rfl and the new ssqv, but how do u know how many washers to use for the rfl???

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
thanks. that seems kinda nuts IMO

·
Registered
362 Posts
my buddy has an RFL on his wrx, those things are just as loud on the inside of the car as on the outside

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
ssqv is the best one. the rfl on my car leaked at over 18 psi. the ssqv holds nice at over 25 psi. its plenty loud too and handles lower boost levels nicely as well. lower boost levels make a nice flutter sound.
its just made perfectly for all boost levels. thats why its called ''sequential'', because it actually has 2 diaphrams for 2 differant boost levels/ low and high.
my brother in law had the greddy type s in his stealth tt and my ssqv was way louder than his type s at 14psi.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I can hear my friends RFL in his Del Sol as he passes my work place while inside working 3 floors up! LOL

lol this is why I don thave one, thats Ricer shit in my eyes. Just like loud ass ear piercing exhuast..Does the sound add any hp? does the soudn do anything? or you just like to try an make people look at ur car? yeah thats rice..lol

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ssqv is the best one. the rfl on my car leaked at over 18 psi. the ssqv holds nice at over 25 psi. its plenty loud too and handles lower boost levels nicely as well. lower boost levels make a nice flutter sound.
its just made perfectly for all boost levels. thats why its called ''sequential'', because it actually has 2 diaphrams for 2 differant boost levels/ low and high.
my brother in law had the greddy type s in his stealth tt and my ssqv was way louder than his type s at 14psi.
was it knock off rfl?

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
lol this is why I don thave one, thats Ricer shit in my eyes. Just like loud ass ear piercing exhuast..Does the sound add any hp? does the soudn do anything? or you just like to try an make people look at ur car? yeah thats rice..lol
Most just use them cuz they just plain work, and work well. Even the Ebay ones...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts