Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to the Honda game have worked on them for a few years here and there but i got a really good deal on one.

Its a 99 EK has a D16y8 in it for now. But it is really clean inside and out. A little back story on the car it had a fully built k24 turbo pushing 800HP. My buddy got the car and the motor thats in it for a hell of a deal so i helped him put the D16 in it replaced the head gasket got her running then he bought a S2000 and parked the Hatch...... so long story short im going to welding school and need something better on gas to daily he cut me a deal on the car with a k24 that need some top end work and a D16 with a y7 head i think so i jumped on it.

Plan for right now is to to a mild build on the 16 thats in it until i get my b20v built and just enjoy the good MPGs !!!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay where does everyone here go to get part? I really want to build the bottom end a little stronger top end and turbo set up but i cant really find many parts for the D.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
....oh boy, lemme get my silverware set.

I find parts everywhere, pick and pull, autozone, napa, what you really need is knowledge. You can build the engine mostly stock, deal with oiling and air flow, and get around 200 hp all day with a cheap chingy turbo setup. Robs thread is helpful and so is towelies (evo_lucian) thread. They have fun turbo beasts they did up cheaper then boones farm and some meth. Get to reading newcomer it really is that easy, then piece together your monster. Or save up and have someone build it for ya and go enjoy their work.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
....oh boy, lemme get my silverware set.

I find parts everywhere, pick and pull, autozone, napa, what you really need is knowledge. You can build the engine mostly stock, deal with oiling and air flow, and get around 200 hp all day with a cheap chingy turbo setup. Robs thread is helpful and so is towelies (evo_lucian) thread. They have fun turbo beasts they did up cheaper then boones farm and some meth. Get to reading newcomer it really is that easy, then piece together your monster. Or save up and have someone build it for ya and go enjoy their work.
He's right you know. Your best friend is your brain. Read up. I think I spent about two years reading and planning different builds before settling on something ... which then got completely out of hand and was no where near my original plan.

Honestly the improvements I made to my car that garnered the most enjoyment per dollar were the suspension mods. All the power in the world will be super boring if you have to baby the damn thing to keep it planted. And even with no power ... driving around with your foot on the floor (however slowly) is magnificently grin inducing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts