Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just discovered this forum, been looking for a better forum to work with to get better ideas for my project, a 1987 Honda CRX Si, it's seen better days, but should be a great foundation to work with. Eventually I'd like to swap in a more modern D16 to turbocharge.

I'll post a project thread shortly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I must ask, I'm having issues posting images into a project thread I started, can't find any reference on limitations, all I know is that it tells me that my post count needs to be greater.... only limitations I saw are classified threads.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
If you make a few posts in different threads it lets the "system" know you arent a trolling bot.

Just follow the rules, Im anti authority and I managed, mostly.....

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
My first modified vehicle was an 87 SI D15A3 Multi point. Another site you might want to check out is REDPEPPERRACING.com. Its slap full of information about the 1st gen CRXs.

I had so much fun in my CRX. Dont sleep on the D15 that's in that car. When i rebuilt mine, it was stupid quick. That car surprised a lot of people. Body panels are quite hard to find for that car and you need to watch the panhard bar mount on the rear of the car. Very prone to rusting and breaking off. If you're good at fabrication, clear all the rust from that area and reinforce that area.

Also another gentleman you need to check out is CHEDDA AUTO. Google search him, he makes aftermarket parts for the 1st and 3rd gen civic crxs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts