Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, so im pretty new to forums in general. any help along the way would be awesome. I drive a gli jetta but I have a 94 dx civic that im trying to get up and running. when I got it it wasn't running, so I wanted tot do a basic overhaul on it. originally it had a d15b7 but ive managed to get my hands on a d16y7. yay me. so im not sure if its gonna be a smooth swap or if its gonna be more complicated than I want it to be. so far its been about a year since the car has been in my yard and I feel terrible for the poor guy so I gotta get him running and in shape. once again all help and advice would be awesome and greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Those headers break often, might wanna look after market. I know the y7 is from a newer model might need the ecu and some harness work if you haven't already thought of that. Post up some pics, read the rules. Searching will yield you much. Welcome.

·
Registered
309 Posts
sup guys, so im pretty new to forums in general. any help along the way would be awesome. I drive a gli jetta but I have a 94 dx civic that im trying to get up and running. when I got it it wasn't running, so I wanted tot do a basic overhaul on it. originally it had a d15b7 but ive managed to get my hands on a d16y7. yay me. so im not sure if its gonna be a smooth swap or if its gonna be more complicated than I want it to be. so far its been about a year since the car has been in my yard and I feel terrible for the poor guy so I gotta get him running and in shape. once again all help and advice would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
you can use the d15 intake manifold and and exhaust manifold and run the d16 dizzy but rewire it with the plug from the d15 dizzy and you are good to go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome and post some pics! any plans after you get her running?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
after i get it running im actually not sure. i know of someone thats interested in buying it by we'll see if im ready to part with it.
if anything do you guys know if a turbo on an automatic is tragedy waiting to happen? my gli jetta has a sic little turbo on it and its auto, maybe i could do the same with the dx. lemme know what you think?

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
after i get it running im actually not sure. i know of someone thats interested in buying it by we'll see if im ready to part with it.
if anything do you guys know if a turbo on an automatic is tragedy waiting to happen? my gli jetta has a sic little turbo on it and its auto, maybe i could do the same with the dx. lemme know what you think?
your jetta's trans was probably designed to hold the extra HP/TQ that the tiny turbo was going to add.

Honda trans where not designed for turbo use when it was designed.

While you could do it its not advise.

However, besides some issues as far as holding it in a certain gear while tuning, Mr Bone (tranzex) I think mention somethihng a long time ago what could be done to help extend the life (by just a bit) of a autotragic. I may be mistaken however

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so perhaps i should look for a stronger tranny. or maybe consider the dreaded auto to manual swap. fabrications are complicated so ive heard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts