Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i'm new to the site, did a search, couldnt find what i need, where can i buy the vitara pistons on here? i'm gonna be doing a dohc zc turbo build, eagle rods, vitara pistons, my buddy has this and is running 28 psi daily which impressed me, so i need to know where to buy them

also, i need your input on this, swapped my dohc into my sedan last week, ran very strong for the first night, but later developed a rod knock, drove it the next day to work and back because it was a faint knock, by the time i got home, it hadnt changed, took it to my buddys to drop parts off, (10 - 15 min drive each way) and on the way home it shut off on me, started it up again and was knocking louder now,

i find it weird because when it was in my hatch, it ran great, had open 2.5 inch exhaust on it, then swapped it into my sedan after letting it sit for 4 months, but my sedan has full stock exhaust on it, so what do u guys think happened? spun bearing? i did find brass shavings in the oil pick up as well.

any help would be great, and sorry for the long post
thanx :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Time to yank it back out and rebuild!!! Sounds like you lost a bearing and the more you drive it the better your chances of making toast out of that engine!

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Should of changed the oil right after swapping. I do this every time and only use 20-50. What turbo and/or head work is your friend running? I was just at the stage of picking out what headwork would be necessary to run 20psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts