Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have been on this site reading for a long time, finally decided to join. Don't know why it took me so long. There's tons of useful info on this board and I'm here to add my knowledge on SOHC's. I have had my sol for two years and have researched more than probably needed on everything about Honda motors, including the SOHC. I have a pretty good amount of knowledge to contribute, and can't wait to give it. Here's a couple pics of my sol. She hasn't changed much since these pics were taken, other than a 92-95 OEM EG Lip. Pics don't do the car justice, will update with new pics very soon. Comments welcome! (Sorry for the big pics)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
D15b7
AEM CAI
Fidanza Flywheel
Exedy Clutch
DC Header
Tanabe Exhaust
B16 TB
Z6 Mani

Mainly all suspension/exterior was done first.

I am building an EX tranny right now. 4.9FD from Infinitude, New synchros, LSD, and new clutch. I also am planning on picking up a D16a6 real soon. Have quite a few plans for that as well...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
very nice looking sol you have there :TU:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Painted them myself - I used Krylon Stained Glass Window Paint in Amber. Two coats did the trick.

I need new wheels, but these will do for a while. I kind of like tucking 14's, and I absolutely love my Azenis, so it'll be a bit before I buy the wheels I want.

Keep the comments/suggestions coming. Thanks guys. I can't wait to get some new pics. I think these make the sol look bad. I'll be sure to post some soon.

-Mike

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks good man. welcome to the site.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
only thing i dont like about it is the wheels. but you are already on that. beautiful sol man.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Nice Sol. You'll like the A6!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that a painted or carbon top?
Guess Again! It's the Ameripol Top. I bought the car for 1800 with it on there. Incredible deal if you ask me. The tops are like 600 brand new.

Plans for new motor:

D16a6
Pm7's
Eagle Rods
Block completely cleaned/honed/etc.
RM Headwork
RM Valvetrain
Not sure which cam yet
EX Tranny
4.9FD
New synchro's
LSD
MFactory 3rd gear
Action MD Clutch
Fidanza Flywheel
JRSC (Just for a little more power)
Walbro 255
AEM FPR, Rail, and Filter (Got for free brand new)
RC 440's

Should hit 180-200whp on Crome

What you all think? I think that setup with that transmission and my suspension will be a blast to drive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts