Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL like the title says.

most of my parts will be overkill and probably not needed to run 10-15psi on my stock motor for now. not looking to daily 15, but with a good tune hoping to make good numbers and keep her together for some passes at the track @ 15.

Here is what i have so far as well as a wish list. feel free to chime in on what you knoe works better maybe or what type of lag, pros cons you see with this setup.

The motor is stock internals with

ARP headstuds
Felpro HG
ACT HD PP and ACT Street/Race clutch disk
7lb fidanza flywheel
MSD 6AL-2, externail coil, SD cap, rotor and wires.

Setup will be

Rebuilt ebay turbo (it is brand new and i have had it professionally rebuilt) if that even means shit lol
Forged top mount manifold (Forged Performance)
Tial 38mm wastegate
Greddy BOV
Aluminim 2.5 inch piping
Ebay intercooler
P28 virgin for now
OBD2a - OBD1 conversion harness
Ignited boost, afr and oil pressure gauges

Wishlist

Chip of some sort. (Looking at hondata s300) maybe ECtune
ID 1000cc injectors w/ clips
Walboro 255 lph pump
Greddy profec B or hallman in cabin control

I still need to get a custom downpipe done which will be 3 inch with a flex but run open as well as a wg dump.

i know im forgetting something but im sure you guys will pick it out LOL

:blue::punk:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The motor is stock internals with
Uhhh... you need rods/pistons, you need to be chipped and tuned, and you need injectors (1000cc injectors are way too big).

The MSD ignition is not needed and neither is the greddy profec B.
The Fuel pump is not needed now, but it will be when you eventually start making some real power.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Don't waste money on an afr gauge, buy a wideband. You also don't need the msd stuff if you already haven't purchased it.
You didn't specify what size turbo, 15psi depending on turbo size could make you very sad.

Edit: beat me. :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the setup is not on the car currently, you may notice "Setup will be"

as in will be when it is complete and on the car.

i know it needs to be built, but i figure why buy shit parts im going to want to upgrade alter when i build it? might as well get it all together now.

it will be built sooner or later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't waste money on an afr gauge, buy a wideband. You also don't need the msd stuff if you already haven't purchased it.
You didn't specify what size turbo, 15psi depending on turbo size could make you very sad.

Edit: beat me. :p
50 trim .63 ar

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uh oh that sounds bad. im not real schooled on turbo flow rates and what not.

i got this turbo in a trade for some junk

what do i want with stock internals with that size turbo?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Youre going to be limited to ~200hp on the stock rods

Its a chinacharger so we have no idea what size it really is without you measuring it.
But Its safe to say that youll be making 200hp on much less than 10 psi with a decent tune.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats cool. i plan on replacing it anyways.

i got most of my parts through trades that benefit me but i bought the manifold.

i know its not about psi as much as it is power and id figure if the turbo spools really late and the power comes on quick thats what will throw a rod.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I don't feel like looking it up but I would imagine that it flows similar to my pt 5431b. Personally 220whp max is what I would put my stock engine through and I would imagine it wouldn't take much to get you to that point with that turbo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats good to know.

im looking for a nice streetable power band which i think this turbo offers. full spool by 4,000 topping out around 7,000

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
really eh?

so the .63 ar exhaust housing is a little big? laggy?

im pretty sure the compressor side is a .48

·
Registered
491 Posts
Like it was said before, usually the ebay stuff isn't very accurate on the sizing.
But I'm just saying the little garrett I'm using now spools at all times and I love it. It's a lot more fun than my other one until I can really use the power of the bigger one.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I think this has been explained before. I'd try a search on that one. depends on the turbo

·
Registered
138 Posts
how much boost could a stock motor with just arp head studs hold 7 - 8 psi or can it
ive been running 10 on stock motor for 5677 miles so far drive normal all day and at night coming home from work i push it to the max and i haven't hurt a thing but i have so much trust in my tuner. he runs 15psi on stock d15b7 with different head every day hasn't hurt any thing but both of us started with fresh oem built motors..

·
Registered
40 Posts
like everyone said before, you need to search. i ran my ebay t3/t4 turbo at 10psi on my stock D16A6 block. but that turbo will make different power at 10 psi than say a gt3076 at the same psi.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts