Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'96 EX EJ8 Coupe MT
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

As the title states, I'm brand new to your community as well as a first time Civic owner. I just picked up my '96 EX Coupe [EJ8] from a nice mechanic who took good care of her and gave me a pretty rad deal; great condition for the age on the body, and a newer motor/trans! Came with a few decent newbie parts as well to get me fairly acquainted with living the Honda life! Let's get into a few basics about my EX and my lifestyle.

I work overnights at Walmart (shitty but whatever pays the bills). I am very happy with my purchase, for which I have a few questions about little things I might be able to do to tune 'er up and help preserve the life of the engine/trans/body as far as possible in the future (which I will ask after searching!) I used to apprentice at a family owned mechanic shop, so I have a small bit of novice knowledge about certain things but I would really love to be able to learn Hondas inside and out. My previous car was a '93 Mazda MX-3 which was quite literally a rusted out, primered shit-box, and I'm very happy to have my Civic and not have to drive the piece of trash any longer. Basically all I do is work overnights and sleep, and either chill out or party on the weekends.

I'd love to do a few performance and cosmetic mods in the near future, possibly with some suggestions from a few of you here!

My basic stats:
1996 Civic EX Coupe [EJ8] with a swapped D16Z6 motor/trans
Coilovers [unknown brand]
MR headers + CBE
Rear upper/lower control arms [unknown brands]
Stage 2 clutch kit [unknown brand]
Skunk2 Intake manifold + short throw kit
Short ram intake
VMS racing cam gear/timing
Aluminum radiator [unknown brand]
Aftermarket headlights + grill [unknown brands] + JDM badge

Pics:

I'll post an engine bay pic later on.

I'm excited to be a part of the community and communicate with fellow Honda owners! Cheers everyone!

Reactions: the hoove

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome, looks straight.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Clean body, just needs a few touches to bring it up to 100%, but what civic doesn't

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Looks good. Just get new wheels or paint those black for now. You don't wanna be called a ricer. But hey welcome. There is a plethora of knowledge here and if you ask the right questions you should get plenty of help.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yeah paint your wheels ricer.:gayfight2:

·
Registered
'96 EX EJ8 Coupe MT
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Definitely going to spray the wheels black, lmao. No rice here! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts