Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my names Dakota. I own a 04 civic vp . I here a lot of people dogging the 7th gens. Why is that ? Are head gasket really that bad? What causes them to fail? Also saw ac and alternators and suspensions are problematic? Do people over exaggerate this or is it true? Again I'm glad to be here. Thanks everyone !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What an awful state cali is. Lol well pretty....just backwards.

I just don't know what is so wrong wirh the gen 7. Mines been good to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have since removed the pin stripes and restored the headlights. I used a decal remover wheel for the pin stripes semi bad idea it leaves marks in the paint.

·
Registered
98 Civic Ex d16y8
488 Posts
Look at the stamp on the block....if your standing at the front of your car, its below the head on the left side...it'll say D16y8 or D16y6 or B18c5 yadayadayada....that's the type of motor you got.....what is it? its obviously a D SOHC...maybe non vtec...cant see the selenoid

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Look at the stamp on the block....if your standing at the front of your car, its below the head on the left side...it'll say D16y8 or D16y6 or B18c5 yadayadayada....that's the type of motor you got.....what is it? its obviously a D SOHC...maybe non vtec...cant see the selenoid
It's going to be a d17 something. 110hp-125hp.
And from the pix it's the non vtec one so around 110hp.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
What an awful state cali is. Lol well pretty....just backwards.

I just don't know what is so wrong wirh the gen 7. Mines been good to me.
You got that right, regarding California, I'm outta of here as soon as I figure out how to do it, you know, land a job somewhere else, pull together the funds to move, etc...

As to the 7th gen, I think they are good looking cars (much better looking than 8th to current), Honda changed the suspension pretty drastically, went from the double wishbone to a MacPherson strut if I am not mistaken. I've never driven one, but, having put many miles on my car, I can say I LOVE the suspension on my 5th gen, I cannot fathom why they would change it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts