Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 2dr coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have just joined site. In process of building mini with home ported z6 and y8 cam and y8 intake, though I may go w the z6 mani instead. z6 head is now shaved .020, bringing c/r to what I understand to be around 11.1/1 with 2 layer metal on stock b7. Getting a bit excited about this project but am concerned about the b7 bottom and it's ability to withstand 7.5k redline? anyhoo, this is my 1st venture into D engines and am soaking up any and all info from anyone kind enough to give it to me! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I once tried to blow up a ~320k d15b2 by putting a bick on the pedal and leaving it bouncing off 8k for about 10 minutes with a bad tune. It just smoked a lot, eventually I gave up and turned it off.

Not saying you should do that, but these things are pretty durable.

·
Registered
95 2dr coupe
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good to hear. I was thinking about arp rod bolts but it would seem that it's not worth taking rods out for resizing. The block has been overhauled recently with rings/rod bearings.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It has been discussed several times here that you can replace stock rod bolts with ARP bolts and not machine the rods, as long as you only tighten to honda oem spec, instead of the tighter arp spec. Might want to search a bit to find out more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts