Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Sam. I've been a long time lurker on this site (about 2 years) and just recently have been collecting a ton of D series parts to do a turbo build.

Some parts I've collected are:
-d16z6 block
-p2p0 d16 rods
-YCP vitaras
-King racing bearings
-garrett t3/t04e .48 A/R exhaust .50 A/R compressor
-Go-autoworks intercooler piping, catch can, intercooler, downpipe/wastegate dump combo
-si/ex trans (got two of them for $50 :) )
-Y8 head with Y7 valvetrain to disable vtec (I got these two heads for stupid cheap, is it better to just use a complete y7 head or continue with my valvetrain swap?)

But anyways, I'm really excited to get this build going and have learned a lot from this site so far!

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
IMHO run the VTEC rocker assembly and lock VTEC and use the big lobe. That is unless someones making an aftermarket core for the Y7 cam so we can get some decent lift out of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMHO run the VTEC rocker assembly and lock VTEC and use the big lobe. That is unless someones making an aftermarket core for the Y7 cam so we can get some decent lift out of it.
Wouldn't that put a lot of wear on the valvetrain? Or am I mistaken?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I'll definitely post up some pictures. Should I just start a build thread?
Yes and yes, we are pic whores here, cant post too many.....well you can but any way.

·
Registered
'95 Civic
20 Posts
Welcome

I myself am a long-time lurker (had an account at one point but can't remember the pass/usn. Finally made an account today! Nice lookin car!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts