Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 TRD Tacoma DCLB
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new here. I just picked up my first real Civic Monday morning. I had a delSol I used to commute for about a year for school. Now I have a 96 DX Hatch. The previous owner added a Yakima roof rack, resprayed the faded black paint with a single stage matte black that actually looks decent. I'm gonna Daily drive the crap out of it til the engine goes, then It'll be getting a B series swap.

I ride motorcycle, Dirtbikes, ATV's and I like long walks on the beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 TRD Tacoma DCLB
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who knows. The Y7 is gonna stay in it until it goes out. Once that happens I'll just daily my Tacoma until the Civic is running again. In the mean time I'm gonna get it looking nice. I'm gonna reupholster the headliner and visors this weekend. I just have to get to Joann Fabric and pick out the material I want to use. It's got a pretty solid ding in the hatch. I've already found a replacement with the wiper and all for a steal. I'll take a stab at painting that with the same color the rest of the car was done in. If that turns out good I'm gonna take a stab at painting it as close as I can possibly get it to the blue color of my CBR600RR.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
if you are going B series, start with a B20 setup. Then down the road, do a vtec head.

No other way to do a B setup worthwhile.

Honestly, start doing things to chassis that helps for future power. brakes, suspension, bushings, good rubber, etc...

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
if you are going B series, start with a B20 setup. Then down the road, do a vtec head.

No other way to do a B setup worthwhile.

Honestly, start doing things to chassis that helps for future power. brakes, suspension, bushings, good rubber, etc...
My thoughts exactly. B16 too slow, B18C5 too expensive. B20 with high compression and b16 head = cheap and more powerful

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
My thoughts exactly. B16 too slow, B18C5 too expensive. B20 with high compression and b16 head = cheap and more powerful
high revving F22 with a gsr or b16 tranny would be utter fun as well.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
She prolly has more torque then my D in one wrist for reals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts