Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
so im Rafael. my friends call me espanta. im from Portugal and currently looking for an ED civic to ride as daily
and im here to learn more about D series engines and see if anyone can help with a couple ideas i got
hope to help back someone with something i might know

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Welcome, this is a knowledge factory. We are always open to new ideas, but be patient with some of us, we are stuck in our ways a bit too.

You picked a good car to work with, good luck in your search for the right one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
i'm currently searching for the rest of the parts i need to work on my girlfriens project: minime in her eg4 d15b2
so i'll start my D series experience trough there
ive worked on a couple engines so far but never on honda engines...

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Mini me set ups are a good jumping off point, gets you into the wiring a bit and hands on the motor. They produce a nice bump in power and performance as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there any tips or tricks i may do whyle im at it?
ill skimm the head a bit to bump the compression and try to see if theres any portmatching or soft porting to do on the head or headers. cam timing is it worth to swing the cam?

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I know some do it with a head gasket change instead of milling. If you're going so far as to mill I would look into port matching and a custom cam. With a tune you would have a good street car.

There are some porting threads here that can explain better then I of how far you can go, and what the best port option are .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks
cam wise i dont think i can convince her to spend money on that xD
anyway port some stuff with a 4-2-1 may be a good option together with a new map on ecu

already created a thread about my ED plan so if you can look around would much apreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts