Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!
My names Nick and i daily an 89 hatch. everytime i search to find new info, your site always popped up with what i needed to know, so i decided to join. thanks for all the help so far, maybe one day if i learn enough, i can return the favor.

Attachments

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Nice hatch. Any plans for it? Welcome.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! no major plans. I really enjoy it as a daily so any mods in the future are going to be mild and simple improvements and maintance. right now i'm gathering the parts to do a MPFI conversion. already have a Z6 intake manifold. the part i'm looking for right now is a stock D16A6 cam in good shape... just to help with the power after the MPFI conversion. this poor thing is really underpowered, I can barely run the A/C on the highway!

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Yeah with I/H/E you get minimal gains, deff look into the cap, rotor, plugs wires too. Doing maintenance helps more then anything else on these eco boxes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah, no doubt. I did oem NGK plugs, wires and cap and rotor when I bought it with an oil change, air filter, and fuel filter. it didn't feel any stronger but it did run a TON smoother and I picked up 5mpg. I now average mid 30's in town and 42 on the highway (with the AC off).

the biggest improvement I did was toss the stock 4-speed out and swap in an Si 5-speed, that really helped.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
man i'd love to, but that shit adds up quick! lol. i guess i could do it one bit at a time. my rear control arms are old but still solid, but the big bushing in my trailing arm is almost completely shot.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Rockauto.com bro! They can get most of the bushings in OE style.

Or you can get a ES bushing master kit and be sure to get alot of extra grease (they don't give you near enough).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did some energy suspension control arm bushings on an old truck i use to own, tried to use as little grease as possible... oh wow was that a huge mistake. you could hear it squeek from a mile away.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
BUT i can get an energy suspension bushing kit through my work for $115. and just the trailing arm bushings from them for $20. so maybe i can after all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I guess since this is my intro thread, I could tell you more about me.

Born and raised in the Dallas, TX area. came out to Lubbock to go to Tech for mechanical engineering, had to drop out because it got very exspensive very quick. I've worked on cars and bikes my whole life so I stuck with that for work. I've been a mechanic, a parts guy, a machinist, etc. I now work parts and technical assistance here at Scoggin Dickey (large wholesale performance parts warehouse for domestics, mostly Chevys).

I've owned a bunch of cars over the years. imports and domestics, trucks and muscle cars, crotch rockets and Harleys. this red hatch is my third Honda, I had two CRXs previously, a 1st gen and a 2nd gen. but other than my current little Honda and 04 Silverado work truck, i'm currently working on this: Part 1, Part 2

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no quicker way to kill the vibe in your own intro thread on a Honda board than to talk about domestics. :lol: :bash:

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Dig the bow tie love. Nice dragster. You should just post the pics here next time. More of a response that way.

We are pic whores at DSO, we admit it freely in fact.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts