Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new to the site and hondas in general, i bought it to daily but now i want to do some building on it to make it more fun.

Heres the car ive been trying to research and learn as much as possible on which route would be best as far as building my d16y8 or doing a swap of some sort.

Any guidance is appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
366 Posts
Welcome.

I'd had Honda bikes, but no cars until about 7 years ago. Since then, I've played with Preludes, Accords, Civics and Integras and enjoyed them all. Get into 'em for an optimum mix of daily driving and fun!

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,871 Posts
Well with a name like you have. You should throw some after market Rods, pistons and bearings in and port the oil pump, assemble the motor and boost her to 300-400whp

Add valve springs if you want to rev above 7500.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
983 Posts
Well with a name like you have. You should throw some after market Rods, pistons and bearings in and port the oil pump, assemble the motor and boost her to 300-400whp

this just makes sense ..

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I vote pictures of said beard or forced name change!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thank you for the info that sounds great, i was thinking about even doing the skunk 2 cam while im in there. But another question is will the y8 be a good motor for higher hp later on? Im not 100% sure what im fully doing with the car but i do have a problem with moderation and next thing i know ill be trying to full out racecar lol

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
983 Posts
typhoon eh..

turbo 4.3 ,what was the awd like on it ,that could be fun ,,must have sucked the gas..

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
Still no picture of the beard lol

Would love to find one of those little turbo awd 4.3s

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gas milage wasnt horrible, but even though it was still basically stock it was still one of the most fun vehicles ive owned. The way it launched was fun. One of my friends currently has a syclone thats been a best of 10.5xs

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts