Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little about me, im stationed at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. I am a heavy equipment mechanic, and own a 2000 lx sedan/auto (blah)... this is my 3rd honda (83 hatch was my first, then 95 ex coupe, now this slug).. I want more pep in its step so I can run the A/C without fear of passing (also to just have more power). Im not shooting for anything spectacular, between 130-160hp. I searched the forced induction thread (here) and it was all kinda vague. Can someone please link me up to similar threads? I will be building my own manifold, and want all smog controls to stay intact because I have to test in Vegas. Thanks!

Nate Sanders

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
11,260 Posts
Welcome to D-Series.

There's only so much you can mess around with an Automatico. Maybe with a Auto y8 it would be alright. But Auto y7 :tu: That's just my Opinion. Or convert it to a 5spd Tranny.

What do you have on her right now under the hood?

I like this Thread from Kit88
http://d-series.org/forums/showcase/112404-my-dd-going-boosted.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to D-Series.

There's only so much you can mess around with an Automatico. Maybe with a Auto y8 it would be alright. But Auto y7 :tu: That's just my Opinion. Or convert it to a 5spd Tranny.

What do you have on her right now under the hood?

I like this Thread from Kit88
http://d-series.org/forums/showcase/112404-my-dd-going-boosted.html
What wrong with the trans, is it too weak to handle a lil boost? Theres absolutely nothing going on underhood, its factory stock down to Honda branded filters. Its only got 56,000 miles on it because its been in storage for 3 years while I was stationed in Japan. Keep in mind, I'm not going for any dyno breaking numbers, just between 130-160ish hp. I will probably fab up the downpipe to plumb right into the stock mid pipe and only remove the primary cat in between smog testing. Are there any threads of anyone who has done this on an auto tranny? Thanks for your help!

Nate Sanders

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. There was a Thread a while back but I can't remember who......

Let me see.

Edit:
Dammit! I can't think of him! Now it's going to bug me before I go to Bed lol

Lol, its cool! Thanks for the heads up man, you dont think that a few more little horsies would break it oo hard??!!

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
between 130-160 i think you might be fine.
you might want to check out krychek57 's thread here on his n/a a6
he made around 130 and his car is pretty damn peppy.
it would be a bit cheaper than a forced induction setup as well.

http://d-series.org/forums/showcase/106847-project-why49-si.html
Thanks for the link, I will read it,but turbo will be cheaper for me because I already have a few parts left over from modding my mustang. I did a 2.3 turbo swap and manual trans instead of the 5.0 everybody and their brother were running.. Its funny as hell to see the expressions of v-8 drivers at the next light when they finally catch up to you and realize its just a lil 4 popper.. I caught an unsuspecting guy in an 03-04 Cobra (390hp) by surprise and he was so pissed he refused to believe that my car was a 4 banger so I pulled over and popped the hood, then he called me a cheater because it was "supercharged".

Anyway, I went to a Holset hx35 on the stang, so I have a freshly rebuilt .48AR t-3 gathering dust, as well as a MBC and intercooler piping and silicone connectors. Alls I will have to fab is the manifold (already did a log style mani for the stang), so I will probably buy a pre fabbed head plate as well a a t-3 mount and build another one for the civic. anyone know how much hp the stock d16y7 injectors are good for? anyone running a boost referenced FPR or ignition retard? Thanks for the info guys!!

Nate Sanders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts