Honda D Series Forum banner

New guy 98 ex coupe owner

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Moogle 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I seen this website mentioned in article from Super Street Magazine. I want to rebuild a D16y8 and possibly turbo it, but I'm a newbie and this would be my very first build, so I wanna make sure I do it right and not do it twice lol
so any help and suggestions is much appreciated.

#3 ·
Hi. Welcome to DSO. Pics of the whip?

#11 ·
My suggestion, since you are new to hondas, and appear to be new with mechanical work,is to go out and buy a beater so you have a set of wheels while the civic is in operation.

With all parts in hand and tools ready to be used, your car will easily be down a week or two, as you install and tune things.

Before turbo charging, get ALL your maintenance up to date. This includes all wear and tear sensors (O2, intake air temp sensor, fuel filter, all 4 coolant sensors, ignition stuff, etc...)

This will make a HUGE difference in final power, drivability, and reliability. Plus 99% of the maintenance will benefit the car both in stock form AND turbo form.

Welcome to the site.

#13 ·
lol, I bought that issue only because a d-so member was featured. soon after that, he vanished. wanted to say he's building a supra now, but I dunno.

#17 ·
Always start where the ground touches the car and up from there. If not upgrading, at least maintaining.

Tires
Brakes
Bushings/ball joints
Shocks and springs
etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.