Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get a lot of groceries, very quickly. :D

Colour is "Carbon Black" but definitely looks blue in the right light. Can't wait to polish it.

Stock apart from intakes and E60 M5 wheels.

Thing's pretty quick. Not a monster though, my Aristo or one of my old turbo EGs would have handed it its ass here at Calgary elevation.

Needs boost.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
What a beauty! I'm so jealous right now.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Been looking at so many BMW's, not my cup of tea but they sure are nice.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
You will love it even MORE as you drive it. a PROPER sports sedan

Keep up on your oil change intervals, and I suggest gritting your teeth and buying the BMW valve lash shim package. Its around $600 but your engine will LOVE you for being able to keep valve lash dialed in service spec.

ALso means the motor will make optimum performance all the time.

I believe the BMW recommended check is every 15 or 25k miles

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I'm an experienced/certified technician.

Also I like to live dangerously. :)
So after I heard my co-worker complaining about having to get his new battery registered by BMW for his 7-series, it really turned me from ever caring about looking at the brand.

Anything else odd like that you'll need to look out for on your "M" there? Just curious.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
So after I heard my co-worker complaining about having to get his new battery registered by BMW for his 7-series, it really turned me from ever caring about looking at the brand.

Anything else odd like that you'll need to look out for on your "M" there? Just curious.
Why would that turn you off? the batteries last 10+ years

you simply need a scanner that is capable of telling the ecu to check out the battery and redo its calibration.

BMW's are superb cars. THey require simple attention to maintenance.

They are not designed to be ignored for years like all american cars

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Most parts on it are regular 5 series parts, which are cheap and can be obtained through rockauto, worldpac, etc. The M5 specific parts like the powertrain have some quirks, but nothing catastrophic.

My E34 540i is super simple to work on and maintain.

This is the whole build tally for my badass daily 540i. :)

And this is my to do list for the new M5. Mostly trim stuff and maintenance. Nothing that a "normal" used car wouldn't need.

Of course, if you pay someone else to wrench on your stuff any car will get expensive.

Interior shots, plus a couple more. Need to get rid of the blue dome light.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
^ Times ten. I do like them, I just don't feel like I am ready for a luxury daily.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Owned it three days, time to hack these bad boys off.

80 lbs of quiet ass exhaust.

Here's what I have to work with. A donated Invidia axleback from my buddy's Outback, and two stainless 45 degree bends.

Time to get to work. My roommate was there and snapped some pics too.

All fit up and tacked!

Pretty happy with my creation.

Here's where I stopped for tonight. Going to weld them up and hang them tomorrow, or some time this weekend.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Those look great, in for start up and take off vid, already have my speakers on.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Absolutely it is.

4.9L V8 that cranks out 400hp and revs to 7k stock. And it's 15 years old.

I can't imagine how earth shattering this would have been in 1999/2000 when they came out.

Also, finished my exhaust today. :)

Couple spy pics, car is absolutely filthy in them. Nicer pics incoming in a day or so. Went for a rip with a photog buddy like immediately after I finished the exhaust lol.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts